Rawlings HOH Custom: Palm Pad?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
The designs are drifting towards your suggestions. One of my considerations was that the white leather on my designs is not going the stay white for long. 90% of it’s use will be on turf, but my guess is that it won’t take long for it to discolor.

The other issue is that I screwed up on the custom order for my daughter’s 1st base mitt... I accidentally selected navy instead of black on the trim, some laces and the embroidery.

When using the design tool on my cell phone, color options for navy and black both look black. The written description says “navy” but I totally missed it somehow and submitted the order. I realized my mistake while playing around with my designs and skimming through the final page of one of my work ups saw some options were navy.

I called on Wednesday to see if it could be corrected. The rep was unable to get through to anyone at Rawlings so I’m anxiously waiting for Monday to hear whether I’m buying 2 mitts or 1...

As a former supervisor often said, “Measure twice, cut once...”

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I definitely like using the builder on my PC at work much more than on my phone or iPad at home!

Hope you’re able to get it sorted out!

In your first paragraph, are you saying you did or didn’t go with the white leather? You said you were drifting towards my suggestions.....

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Haven’t decided yet. I’ve got 7-8 worked up. Once DD’s mitt is figured out, I’ll get back to it.

Oct 5, 2018
Not a catchers mitt, but since there's a lot of Rawlings custom talk. Been playing around on the builder. What would you do differently on this OF black and tan? I wasn't sure about weltings, palm pad, wrist liner. I really like the indent option, but the gold really pops out to me..does it last?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Not a catchers mitt, but since there's a lot of Rawlings custom talk. Been playing around on the builder. What would you do differently on this OF black and tan? I wasn't sure about weltings, palm pad, wrist liner. I really like the indent option, but the gold really pops out to me..does it last?

Of course I’d change it to a baseball glove and get rid of the wrist strap, first!! But that’s me.

Vegas Gold stitching & embroidery.
Split gray welting.....if you don’t do anything, do this!
Indent palm stamping.
BOA wrist lining.
Break in, do NOT do soft, please! You’ll regret it!

Everything else looks good.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Is the pocket smaller on the baseball version?
Yes sir, but in a 12.75" / 13" glove I can manipulate the pocket for a softball no problem! I do it all the time with 11.75" / 12" gloves! But I'll do just about anything to avoid Velcro and pull straps!

Pro302, Pro303, ProJD, ProBH34, Pro504, all baseball patterns from 12.5" to 13", they all make excellent softball gloves!

Oct 5, 2018
Thanks

My DD tried a few gloves and settled in using the R9 13 SB pattern this fall season for OF. It absolutely swallows the ball and the hand stall fits great and it feels right wearing it traditional instead of tip. She is accustom to the pull strap. Hopefully this would essentially be the same pattern.

Vegas gold embroidery on builder looks same on my phone, I assume just less sparkle. And I had no idea which wrist lining so I'll take your advice on the BOA. I really like the indent, leave that up to DD probably.

As for the weltings, I played with grey and black, front and back. I like the split grey on the all tans, but not sure yet about how it looks on the black back shell. Right now this is just playing around so I got plenty of time to ponder.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
As for the weltings, I played with grey and black, front and back. I like the split grey on the all tans, but not sure yet about how it looks on the black back shell. Right now this is just playing around so I got plenty of time to ponder.
[/QUOTE

Trust me, it looks fantastic! But you could also do Split Black welting as well. Either way split welting is the better welting!
thumbnail (78).jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802