Rawlings HOH Custom: Palm Pad?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
Two q
Custom designed, ordered, and shipped within 3 weeks! Just in time as my old Worth Liberty Advanced was starting to fall apart.

I ordered it with zero break in. It was as stiff as a brick when it took it out of the very nice box that it came in, but after an hour of work, I think I can warm up my daughter tomorrow!

View attachment 22796View attachment 22797View attachment 22798View attachment 22799
Nice mitt! Two questions. my daughter has tiny hands (15), would you go with standard or the smaller size opening? Thinking about buying my son a custom mitt for baseball but I can't find a catchers mitt that you can customize on the Rawlings site. Where did you find the mitt to customize?

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
@ANNASDAD, the break in is pretty good. The pointer finger hole design is a bit baffling??? It will take some time to stretch it out. The bummer is that it’s actually bulging towards the inside and I’ve had a few stingers that I wouldn’t have expected.

The thumb strap isn’t deep enough into the hole and it’s curling in…?

The pocket for the pinky/ring fingers isn’t quite deep enough so it’s really putting some pressure on my pinky.

Ultimately, I’ll be happy with it but wish my hand wasn’t so big! During really hot days, I break a sweat getting it on!

@Tango,
My guess is she’d do better with the 33”, but I’m probably not the best person to make suggestions for small hands. ;)

Jan 28, 2017
Two q

Nice mitt! Two questions. my daughter has tiny hands (15), would you go with standard or the smaller size opening? Thinking about buying my son a custom mitt for baseball but I can't find a catchers mitt that you can customize on the Rawlings site. Where did you find the mitt to customize?
Never mind I'm not very smart

Jan 28, 2017
@ANNASDAD, the break in is pretty good. The pointer finger hole design is a bit baffling??? It will take some time to stretch it out. The bummer is that it’s actually bulging towards the inside and I’ve had a few stingers that I wouldn’t have expected.

The thumb strap isn’t deep enough into the hole and it’s curling in…?

The pocket for the pinky/ring fingers isn’t quite deep enough so it’s really putting some pressure on my pinky.

Ultimately, I’ll be happy with it but wish my hand wasn’t so big! During really hot days, I break a sweat getting it on!

@Tango,
My guess is she’d do better with the 33”, but I’m probably not the best person to make suggestions for small hands. ;)
Mitt would be for my son.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Although this and the mitt I’ve had for a couple months should be identical in cut, fit and construction; this one fits my large hand MUCH better. It’s already breaking in nicely and I’m hoping to try it out with some students tomorrow. If all else fails, it will be a third option to offer ill-prepared bucket parents. My thought is to use this rig for indoor lessons and the more classic mitt for outdoor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23