Rawlings HOH Custom: Palm Pad?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
This is the rubber sting pad Wilson puts in the A2000 FPCM (Fastpitch Catchers Mitt) that I was talking about. Looks like the sole from a pair of Van's shoes. It's actually on the hand side of the leather so you have the gloves palm and all the felt before you get to this pad and then the hand stall side of the glove. I trim the height down on the honey combs a bit and then the girls with the smaller hands can close the glove all the way and still have sting pad.
122c1258d77e7750b33835488c3b5cad.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Cool to see, thank you.

My older daughter just got an A2000 FPCM (the 2019 or 2020, not sure) and it's a huge improvement from her old LS used model I picked up for $40. Break-in took me a week of almost an hour a day and then her using in practice 5-6 days. She now uses it in games and it's working great.

Any other details on the inside?

The honeycomb covers the base of the index and middle finger, is that it?

What's the interior pad like? Leather?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
But hang on...

I went to UNC, so we need light blue for the Tar Heels.
My DD loves pink, so we need that.
One DD is on a red team, so we need some red.
One DD is on an orange team, so we need some orange.

Brown is a throwback to my playing days when every glove was brown and that was your only option.
A quick glimpse into someone's mind / thought process is always interesting! ;) Go for it, I'm 100% on board with you!

Oct 4, 2018
A quick glimpse into someone's mind / thought process is always interesting! ;) Go for it, I'm 100% on board with you!

I think my wife is designing one for my birthday. I'll certainly share it and it won't be as ugly as the one above.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I think my wife is designing one for my birthday. I'll certainly share it and it won't be as ugly as the one above.
That's awesome, let her handle the cosmetic side of it, but you need to step in and help her with some of the performance options!

Like.....
Heart of the Hide.
Web? Of course that one is up to you?
Split welting.
BOA wrist lining.
Leather palm pad.
** I'd probably go for the standard break-in.

I strongly urge Tan laces and Vegas gold stitching, but of course that's cosmetic so I'll hush!

Oct 4, 2018
That's awesome, let her handle the cosmetic side of it, but you need to step in and help her with some of the performance options!

Like.....
Heart of the Hide.
Web? Of course that one is up to you?
Split welting.
BOA wrist lining.
Leather palm pad.
** I'd probably go for the standard break-in.

I strongly urge Tan laces and Vegas gold stitching, but of course that's cosmetic so I'll hush!

Yes, she knows not to purchase until I review.

HOH, Pro-H web, leather palm pad, full coverage heel.

Tell me more about the wrist lining choices. I have no preference. BOA vs. Thermo Formed.

I don't know if there's any welting on this glove. Odd.

... and then the words. What should I say on the glove? My name? My phone number? "I am the Greatest!!!"

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Tell me more about the wrist lining choices. I have no preference. BOA vs. Thermo Formed.
BOA is a synthetic wool type shearling like what came on all the old HOH's when they used real wool. The Pro Preferred gloves still use wool shearling. BOA is definitely my preference over the Thermo Formed foam.....everyday!

May 7, 2015
SoCal
This is the rubber sting pad Wilson puts in the A2000 FPCM (Fastpitch Catchers Mitt) that I was talking about. Looks like the sole from a pair of Van's shoes. It's actually on the hand side of the leather so you have the gloves palm and all the felt before you get to this pad and then the hand stall side of the glove. I trim the height down on the honey combs a bit and then the girls with the smaller hands can close the glove all the way and still have sting pad.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Is the reason the pocket of the A2000 FPCM gets wrinkley is that the sting pad is attached to the pocket? Do the layers (from outside to inside)go pocket leather, sting pad, felt, palm leather?

I want to redo my DD's wilson because the laces are getting tired and the pocket needs adhesive... I'd like to learn as much about the glove as possible before getting started.

Oct 4, 2018
BOA is a synthetic wool type shearling like what came on all the old HOH's when they used real wool. The Pro Preferred gloves still use wool shearling. BOA is definitely my preference over the Thermo Formed foam.....everyday!

They make thermo formed sound way better.

Thermo Formed
A breathable, moisture wicking liner made of a soft, wrapped foam. A standard Heart of the Hide feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812