Rawlings gold glove elite

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I would advise you put some Nokona glove conditioner on it, put a ball in it and stick it under a mattress at night for a couple of weeks. Play catch as often as possible until it’s easy to close and feels good.
You can have it steamed if you want to spend $15-25 but it’s not really necessary. Just be sure to steam before you put conditioner on it if you go that route.
Man, none of that’s necessary, it’s a GG Elite, it not a Horween HOH tank! Should break in really fast with just some catch.

Apr 28, 2019
Man, none of that’s necessary, it’s a GG Elite, it not a Horween HOH tank! Should break in really fast with just some catch.
Disagree. Break it in right take care of it and it will last. Playing catch is great. Go the extra mile and do it right.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
I’m not real sure why conditioning a brand new, pre-oiled glove is necessary, let alone “right”.

My son has a GG Elite and the LAST thing it needs is any kind of conditioning. Rawlings designed that glove to need nothing but catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 28, 2019
I’m not real sure why conditioning a brand new, pre-oiled glove is necessary, let alone “right”.

My son has a GG Elite and the LAST thing it needs is any kind of conditioning. Rawlings designed that glove to need nothing but catch.

If you want to buy a new glove every couple of years guys you go right ahead and spend your money.
Everything new has a break-in period.
Take a little time do it right and be sure and hit those laces with conditioner as well.
Most people on here laugh at claims manufactures make but we’re gonna believe every part of this glove has been gone over and conditioned meticulously? Really? You wear your glove when line drives come flying at you and I’ll wear mine. My bet is mine will hold-up well, yours, well you just go ahead and let your DD take her chances.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
If you want to buy a new glove every couple of years guys you go right ahead and spend your money.
Everything new has a break-in period.
Take a little time do it right and be sure and hit those laces with conditioner as well.
Most people on here laugh at claims manufactures make but we’re gonna believe every part of this glove has been gone over and conditioned meticulously? Really? You wear your glove when line drives come flying at you and I’ll wear mine. My bet is mine will hold-up well, yours, well you just go ahead and let your DD take her chances.

My son is going on 3 years with the exact glove we are talking about and he’s doing just fine but if you want to insinuate that he’s less successful because it wasn’t given extra conditioning when it was brand new, that’s your prerogative, but know that it’s baseless (just like your insinuation that because I didn’t condition it that I have to buy a new glove every 2 years).

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019
My son is going on 3 years with the exact glove we are talking about and he’s doing just fine but if you if you want to insinuate that he’s less successful because it wasn’t given extra conditioning when it was brand new, that’s your prerogative, but know that it’s baseless (just like your insinuation that because I didn’t condition it that I have to buy a new glove every 2 years).

It may be overkill in your opinion but better safe than sorry.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom