Rawlings gold glove elite

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
It’s positively precious what goes on around here sometimes.

Page one, post #5 is an example of advice from a DFP poster who supplies information that can be completely trusted.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I’m not real sure why conditioning a brand new, pre-oiled glove is necessary, let alone “right”.

My son has a GG Elite and the LAST thing it needs is any kind of conditioning. Rawlings designed that glove to need nothing but catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, these gloves are heavily oil infused for a reason, it needs nothing, especially a Serta or Sleep Number sitting on top of it!
I could get one of these gloves usable and game playable ready in between games at a tournament!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
If you want to buy a new glove every couple of years guys you go right ahead and spend your money.
Everything new has a break-in period.
Take a little time do it right and be sure and hit those laces with conditioner as well.
Most people on here laugh at claims manufactures make but we’re gonna believe every part of this glove has been gone over and conditioned meticulously? Really? You wear your glove when line drives come flying at you and I’ll wear mine. My bet is mine will hold-up well, yours, well you just go ahead and let your DD take her chances.
MadBandit, come on man, listen to yourself??

**First sentence - It's a GG Elite, you'll need to buy one EVERY year, if your DD plays as much as mine, 2 a year!
**Second sentence - IT'S A GG ELITE!
**Third sentence - I see a theme going here...........
**Fourth sentence - It's a GG Elite, meticulous is not a word I'd use to describe the making of this glove, and I can promise you my DD's glove is safer then any glove you own!

Jun 8, 2016
I am going to be honest with you..I played college baseball for a bit with a 4 year old beat up pancake glove and never once thought about safety..I am just glad DFP wasn't around then or I would have been running around catching every line drive to my forehand or backhand side..lol.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
One of my DD's had that Rawlings GG Elite and it broke in just fine playing catch and getting wrapped with a ball in it when not in use. Did a light oil on it a couple times and it appeared to be a great purchase that was going to last a while for her as a secondary position glove (primary is Catcher). We paid like $70 bucks at Dicks after some coupons. Then we got a puppy and that hunk of smelly leather on a shelf didn't stand a chance...

Get the glove, save some cash for now (you'll need it).

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Facebook called. They are wondering if anyone has found their missing buffoon.

They need him to head up their “Baseball Advise From 1951” page.
Heard my Dad use the word buffoon one time in my life, just once! It was in the mid-eighties, he said Joe Biden was America's buffoon, I still remember him saying that like it was yesterday. Not really a word an old school, Reagan loving guy from NC uses!

Dec 11, 2010
Lol! I have a buddy whose dad is a source of fantastic quotes and sayings. My dad is the same way so we trade them when we hear them and I usually write them down.

Anyway, my buddy must be mid 30’s but throws that word out every so often and it’s always perfect. It always makes me laugh!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee