Rawlings gloves ,different colors on sale

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 6, 2017
I’ve been looking at new gloves. I see the butterscotch heart of the hide color on sale? Thoughts ?
Also I’ve seen that the wrist strap and thumb strap are now being padded with a sponge looking material? Is this a change for the better?
I’m looking at 12- 12 1/4 h webs

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I’ve been looking at new gloves. I see the butterscotch heart of the hide color on sale? Thoughts ?
Also I’ve seen that the wrist strap and thumb strap are now being padded with a sponge looking material? Is this a change for the better?
I’m looking at 12- 12 1/4 h webs
I will say, Butterscotch is THE one leather from Rawlings to avoid! Now I've never personally owned a BS leather glove before, but there was a lengthy conversation on another forum about how quickly the BS turns soft and floppy. Not 100% sure but I don't think it's offered on the custom builder anymore?

As far as the Thermo Formed wrist padding.........I'll take good old wool shearling everyday of the week! And the padded thumb loops, I prefer the old school leather loops, and I have both, I can definitely deal with the padded loops, and I sure the girls will like them more.

As far as buying a Butterscotch leather glove, do you like the pattern? You've got to ask yourself if you're saving enough money on the glove that it really doesn't matter if it gets soft, and your DD, does she like a softer glove, or more stiff?

Apr 6, 2017
The pro 206 h web looks good. She likes her vela and it still has life in it. Im just looking at options before spending any money on the vela. I think a basket web or h would be fine.
The b/s color I like but getting floppy wouldn’t be ok.
Price wise I don’t think you can beat the outlet
stores.

Feb 25, 2020
I referred a new member to the Rawlings Myrtle Beach outlet just yesterday for a Pro206-6JTB, he bought their last one, that makes 6 or 7 different members that's bought that glove straight from them, that I know of?

Yep it just came today! Thanks again for the advice.

They said it was their last one but who knows. Wouldnt be the first time a salesmen sold their "last one" and then magically finds another!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Yep it just came today! Thanks again for the advice.

They said it was their last one but who knows. Wouldnt be the first time a salesmen sold their "last one" and then magically finds another!
Well, what do you think of it? Just picture how awesome some tan Tanners lace would look in it!

Feb 25, 2020
Its a fine looking glove(we'll see about the laces!) and it seems like a pretty darn good pattern for a softball infielder.

I better come clean here... I also ordered one of the PRONP5PRO'S Annasdad also recommended. The NP was from the rawlings website(the all tan Heart of the hide one) and it hasnt shipped yet sadly.

One will have to go back though, if I want to sleep inside.

Feb 25, 2020
Is it for your daughter? What's she think?

My daughters goin into her first year of 10u. If she wants it in a few years she can have it then if she likes it. I have 2 boys and another girl after her so if none of them try to steal it, I can use it for 10 or 15 years.

Ive been usin either my sons youth 9" or my old floppy nokona 11" for stuff. Id figured I'd give one a shot to see what theyre all about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802