Rawlings Glove Input

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
Hello all,

Anyone have this glove or something similar. Seems to be priced pretty well for a good quality glove. I love Rawlings gloves myself (have a heart of the hide from baseball days) but I'm not sure on the pull strap. Seems like a lot of the new softball gloves are shifting that way.

Amazon product ASIN B07BH6J38R
Thanks
We have 13” Liberty Advanced with H web. Great glove. My daughter has a Worth 12.5 pitching glove and a short cut 13” Worth fielding glove. The 13” Liberty is supposed to be an outfield glove but she likes it so much she uses it for everything.

May 14, 2019
No. Cal
Well, what’s you and her initial impressions?

She loves it but she loves all new gear. We played some catch and after dinner I took the mallet to it and started working it over. I didn't put any of the Vinci conditioner I have on it. The leather doesn't feel like it needs anything. I'll let her warm up with it tomorrow morning at her first game and then work on it during the game. I think I'll have it game ready in about 2-3 weeks. I only get to watch one of her 3 games tomorrow because we are going to watch her brother's high school team play in round 2 of the CCS playoffs.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
She loves it but she loves all new gear. We played some catch and after dinner I took the mallet to it and started working it over. I didn't put any of the Vinci conditioner I have on it. The leather doesn't feel like it needs anything. I'll let her warm up with it tomorrow morning at her first game and then work on it during the game. I think I'll have it game ready in about 2-3 weeks. I only get to watch one of her 3 games tomorrow because we are going to watch her brother's high school team play in round 2 of the CCS playoffs.
Yep, break it in dry, plenty of oil already infused in that leather!

We’re at East Carolina University for our State 3A playoffs, we won our two yesterday, we’re the only undefeated team left standing...........someone please wish us some luck for tomorrow, just one win away from back to back States!!

May 14, 2019
No. Cal

We’re at East Carolina University for our State 3A playoffs, we won our two yesterday, we’re the only undefeated team left standing...........someone please wish us some luck for tomorrow, just one win away from back to back States!!
Good luck. We lost a Heartbreaker in extra innings in the semi-finals last year.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
May 14, 2019
No. Cal

Well, how did you guys do this weekend?

Apr 28, 2019
Sorry to jump in on this post but I just registered here and have basically the same question. My daughter is 12, has played 7 years of baseball and is starting her second year of softball on a mid level travel team. She also plays middle infield and outfield. She's currently using my old Rawlings Heart of the Hide Gold Glove model that I've had since 1986. I think it's an 11.75" but am not positive because it's so worn. The hand stall is way to big for her and it's floppy. Time to upgrade!!

I saw he post in the equipment section where the Mizuno Global Elite was mentioned for $80 but is that a baseball pattern? I'm open for anything including an A2000. We never skimped on her brother. I should add that she's on the smaller side. Thanks.....Steve
There are some really nice gloves out there that you can get on the cheap right now from good web retailers.
Softball. com, Baseball Savings, Baseball Bargains, Softball Rampage, Direct Sports, HQ4 Sports, Softball Fans, & SPC Sports, Cheap Bats, to name a few.
I would recommend Liberty Advanced, HOH, Easton Stealth Pro, & Mizuno MVP Prime for quality affordable gloves. Maybe a Wilson A2000 if you find a great deal.
I would go with at least a 12.5” glove. Maybe 12.75 or 13” depending where she plays and the cut of the glove. Some gloves are shorter than others. I call them short cut/long cut depending on length/angle of fingers.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Well, how did you guys do this weekend?
Runner up, 2nd place! Been an incredible 12 months! Won the 3A State last year, won the MAC conference tournament championship two weeks ago, #2 seed in the State this year, #1 in the State bracket after day 1, and finished #2 in the State Championship!

Hate we lost on the final day, we just got beat by a better team who deserved to win!! It was ours to win, it’s softball and it can be cruel.........on to college now! Thanks for asking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802