Rawlings Glove Input

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
That's the link I was talking about. Since Big Mac is on the petite side I thought a smaller hand stall and fingers would help her but maybe this would be a good option for now.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
It's a baseball glove (no velcro(y)). We've never owned one before but I've handled two different tan GGE11 models before, they had really snug hand & finger stalls. That's back when these retailed for $250 and no one was discounting them!

Someone here just recently bought one of these, see I am getting old! Was it you @Enphrared?

Mac'sdad, it's a great glove and at that price it's pretty much a no brainer!

May 14, 2019
No. Cal
It's a baseball glove (no velcro(y)). We've never owned one before but I've handled two different tan GGE11 models before, they had really snug hand & finger stalls. That's back when these retailed for $250 and no one was discounting them!

Someone here just recently bought one of these, see I am getting old! Was it you @Enphrared?

Mac'sdad, it's a great glove and at that price it's pretty much a no brainer!

Just ordered one but they do ding you on shipping ($20). For $100 it gets her something better than she has now and she can take her time looking around for something down the road. I am intrigued by the models that shift the finger position. Being that she's so small I think she'd have better control with two in the pinky stall. Thanks for the input!! That's her pitching during her first rec season last spring. She's a bean pole....14173

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Just ordered one but they do ding you on shipping ($20). For $100 it gets her something better than she has now and she can take her time looking around for something down the road. I am intrigued by the models that shift the finger position. Being that she's so small I think she'd have better control with two in the pinky stall. Thanks for the input!! That's her pitching during her first rec season last spring. She's a bean pole....View attachment 14173
That's a great pic! I will say she's looks to have a firm foundation.......what's size cleats is she wearing?? :oops: It looks like her and her SS were having a competition to see who could wear the bigger glove!

It doesn't have to be a specific finger shift model glove to wear it TIP, finger shift specific gloves have only been out for a few years that I'm aware of, not sure how many but not a lot. But players have been wearing gloves TIP for many many years!

She should be able to wear that Global Elite TIP with no problem, and wearing it TIP will give her more control and more closing strength especially with a brand new stiff glove, plus it'll create a larger pocket in that glove that was not designed for a softball.

Feb 19, 2016
Texas
Just ordered one but they do ding you on shipping ($20).

I bought the same glove on the same deal, and it was only $11 to ship to Texas. I don't really know who is going to get it yet, so it's sitting on the shelf. DD plays catcher, but might need a new backup fielding glove, DS is a pitcher, but doesn't need 12" yet, then there's me, who has an old LS 12.5" that has seen better days. Feels like a nice glove, way more value than the price tag. You know it's a good deal if @ANNASDAD is suggesting it even though it has a basket web.

May 14, 2019
No. Cal
That's a great pic! I will say she's looks to have a firm foundation.......what's size cleats is she wearing?? :oops: It looks like her and her SS were having a competition to see who could wear the bigger glove!

It doesn't have to be a specific finger shift model glove to wear it TIP, finger shift specific gloves have only been out for a few years that I'm aware of, not sure how many but not a lot. But players have been wearing gloves TIP for many many years!

She should be able to wear that Global Elite TIP with no problem, and wearing it TIP will give her more control and more closing strength especially with a brand new stiff glove, plus it'll create a larger pocket in that glove that was not designed for a softball.

She's currently in size 5 1/2 cleats. That glove is an old Rawlings Heart of the Hide Gold Glove I traded my college roommate for in 1987. He was a second baseman and thought it was too big. I used it in softball for close to 24 years before I went to a Vinci PC 2443. She pulled it out of our equipment stash and used it her last couple of years in baseball and used it in softball up to now. Last weekend at a tournament my son and I decided it was time to make a change when we saw the thing bend over 90 degrees on a line shot hit to her at second.

And that old Rawlings has a basket web too!!

Feb 19, 2016
Texas
She's currently using my old Rawlings Heart of the Hide Gold Glove model that I've had since 1986. I think it's an 11.75" but am not positive because it's so worn. The hand stall is way to big for her and it's floppy. Time to upgrade!!

Time for a re-lace!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
She's currently in size 5 1/2 cleats. That glove is an old Rawlings Heart of the Hide Gold Glove I traded my college roommate for in 1987. He was a second baseman and thought it was too big. I used it in softball for close to 24 years before I went to a Vinci PC 2443. She pulled it out of our equipment stash and used it her last couple of years in baseball and used it in softball up to now. Last weekend at a tournament my son and I decided it was time to make a change when we saw the thing bend over 90 degrees on a line shot hit to her at second.

And that old Rawlings has a basket web too!!
I bet there's going to be a pretty big difference in the weight between those two gloves which your DD is really going to appreciate!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2