Rawlings/Easton to only do a warranty replacement once?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 23, 2019
I was looking at the Rawlings/Easton site and it says that they will only do a warranty replacement once. I don't know how new this policy is, but has anyone put this to the test? DD tried out an Easton Ghost and loves it. I'm comfortable dealing with breakage issues as long as they'll stand behind the bat as needed for the full warranty period (heck I only expect a full fall/spring), but I'm not comfortable gambling with a one-time replacement policy.

Aug 20, 2017
I was looking at the Rawlings/Easton site and it says that they will only do a warranty replacement once. I don't know how new this policy is, but has anyone put this to the test? DD tried out an Easton Ghost and loves it. I'm comfortable dealing with breakage issues as long as they'll stand behind the bat as needed for the full warranty period (heck I only expect a full fall/spring), but I'm not comfortable gambling with a one-time replacement policy.
Don’t use it for BP! Game bat only. If you take multiple rounds of BP with it you will be buying another one.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
honestly, have you read a warranty for the past 15 years from any manufacturer?
Warranties are 1 time replacements...Easton and every other company has always said that for years
if you actually read all of them for years.
No new policy ANYWHERE so no reason to call out any company for changing a written policy that they
NEVER changed.

Now with that said, warranties definitely can be case by case and Easton has replaced bats more than once many times because they take care of their customers. If a bat breaks early, of course they take care of you. Tons of people
have been taken care of very well...heck ,even with out of date replacements. No other company ever does that
either.

But they def arent going to say endless replacements on their warranty...thats stupid and opens up for bat abuse and fraud breaks just so people can abuse the policy. You give people an inch, they take a foot.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2017
From what I've heard if under 12 months they will replace until the twelve month mark.DD GA was is being replaced even though over one year old. I spoke to them on the phone and told them we were a repeat buyer and asked if they could help and gave an exception.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
They will replace as many times as needed, within 12 months of the original purchase. This is a statement by the rep at Easton/Rawlings. I have the drop 11 2022 double barrel "it's a super hot bat", BUT they certainly have a weak point on the -11's between the g/h and e/a on the barrel. It'll start as paint stress and greadually shark tooth aound the barrel. Had my first one replaced, and second one is starting to show the same pattern. I brought this up on a call in to be safe, and they stated as many replacements as needed in the original 12 month window.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
If you look at the spot you are talking about, it is below the sweetspot
just above the taper. The bat shouldnt be consistently hit there. Its not supported like how it is on the sweetspot.
There is no "weak" spot there. Just not made to take hits like it is on the ss.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2021
Ive had my DD ghost replaced twice recently within the 12 mth time period. Also last time they replaced the 2020 Ghost with a 2022 Ghost. They are real good with it as long as you follow protocol on their web page.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Thats the thing, it's not being hit there consistently. Most all ball hit mark patterns are above that area. It's odd for sure.
But thats my point though...its not a week spot as its just not made to be hit there often. But i also havent heard of it much.
Maybe she shouldnt be in a drop11?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478