Radar

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2020
Looking to get some kind of a radar gun to use for my dd. Ice heard great things about the pocket radar but gets expensive. I'm looking for 100 bucks or less hopefully.

I seen one radar that fits over my catchers mitt. Do they work well? Accurate?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
If you are getting it to work with your DD the C mitt things work fine. Not sure how accurate they are but seem to be consistent. If she throws faster it reads faster, slower slower.

If you want the real speed go somewhere with a real gun, not necessary for working with her. Don't trust people at games with their guns either, most of them do not use them correctly.

Time for grandpa radargun video, looked quickly but need to run.

Oct 26, 2019
IMO, the pocket radar is going to be your best beat at a cheaper price. I know “cheaper” is relative, but jugs and stalker huns are $1000+. I would try to find a used pocket radar from someone. Many are upgrading to the smart version of it and you can find the blue button for around $100-200.

Oct 26, 2019
I looked on ebay and they are like 180 to 200 used.
I would search Facebook marketplace or Craigslist, offer up, etc.

I just got one for $150 which I’m pretty happy with. When I’m done with it I will sell it for that same amount probably.

May 23, 2015
I've got a stalker pro 2 and I've run it against several Bushell guns. Theyre surprisingly accurate for the price

Nov 18, 2013
I bought a couple of cheap radar’s when DD was young. Like you I wanted to save money. Ended up with a pocket radar because it’s discreet, accurate and it’s what college coaches use. Would have saved lots of money if I would have just bought the PR first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802