Quizzes

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoachMel

Mental Sweet Spot
Sep 14, 2018
I love the idea of giving the girls quizzes to up their softball knowledge! We have a Mental Strength eval that works for any age, where they can see how Confident, Courageous and Committed they are (among other traits). You can access it here.

We also have worksheets that address the mental game and are great for homework! Each of our podcast episodes from last year includes a freebie. Those can be found here!

Hope these are helpful! And always open to requests for new worksheets :)

Mel

May 10, 2019
1) Player A wears #23 but Player B joins the team and her parents own a pole barn which is used by the organization for winter workouts so she is given #23 and Player A has to choose a new number. What does Parent A do:
a) Have a public hissy fit
b) Cause a massive online forum blowout which is still remembered multiple years later
c) It doesn't matter
d) All of the above.

2) Player A's dad says she pitches 60 mph. How fast does she actually pitch:
a) 45mph
b) 50mph
c) 53mph
d) 55mph
e) It doesn't matter since she couldn't find the strike zone with a map

3) Player C's dad says she has 6 pitches. She really has:
a) A medium speed fastball which is sometimes a strike

4) Player A is pitching. Player B is catching. A pitched ball gets past the catcher. Is this scored:
a) A wild pitch
b) A passed ball
c) It depends on whether Player A or Player B's parent is scoring

5) A coach posts online that he just needs 'two more players'. This means
a) The team has no pitching
b) We need bodies. Anyone??? Anyone???
c) Either or both a) and b)

6) Player F hasn't been at practice all week and turns up for the game 3 minutes before first pitch. You are the coach. What does Parent F want to talk about?
a) Why Player F didn't start
b) Why Player F didn't pitch
c) Why Player F didn't play short stop
d) Why Player F didn't bat at the top of the order
e) Why Parent F doesn't believe your parent's were married when you were born.
Classic. Nice. LOL

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I don't want the quiz! No thanks!!! What was that saying about keeping quiet so you don't show people just how dumb you are? I forget what number we are on so I'll just number this one #10.

10. You are about to play in the championship game of the tournament with Player/Pitcher A, your #1 rested and ready. Due to injuries, you are now down to 9 players. As Player A gets ready, you see a parent of Player/Pitcher D headed toward you. Player/Pitcher D's parent is headed coach's way to:

A. Inform you that they are available to warm up a pitcher between innings if needed.
B. Inform you that if Player/Pitcher D is not in the circle, they are leaving.
C. Give you Player/Pitcher D's stats and tell you that if she is not in the circle, they are leaving.
D. Tell you that without their daughter (Player/Pitcher D) your team isn't ... then tell you her stats and then say that if she is not in the circle, they are leaving.

The above is not made up and was done by a parent when my DD was first year 12U. BB was to be in the circle. The HC told them to leave. They did. We could not field a team and so, lost the tournament championship. We won in that we finally got rid of that pain in the bottom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802