Quick question for teams that have been more successful than ours

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2020
When you get to the championships in a decent-sized tournament, are most final games seven innings or do they still have time limits? This would be 18U-B, mid-level travel tourney in someplace like Wyoming or Colorado.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
When you get to the championships in a decent-sized tournament, are most final games seven innings or do they still have time limits? This would be 18U-B, mid-level travel tourney in someplace like Wyoming or Colorado.

In our experience - it will be timed 99% of the time with the same time limits as every other game played.

Get the occasional 'timed championship' tournament, but it is not common.

Feb 3, 2016
The tournaments that my DD's team usually play are 7 innings, no time limit and three umpires.
Man I would love games like this. I've read about F7 tournaments and such.
Had several tournaments w/90 minutes time limits but mostly the old 71 minute games. Had a handful of 80 minute games too.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
I know some of the regional league (HFL for example) championship tournaments have 7 inning bracket games.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Showcase this weekend had 1:50 long games, I honestly can't remember ever playing timed games that long, might as well play 7 innings. For the championship game we talked to the umps and other teams coaches about playing 1:30, they both agreed, in fact they both jumped at the idea!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45