Quick pitch

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 1, 2019
What are they looking at when they step into the box if not the pitcher? Sounds like they need some coaching.
Imagine your 2nd foot stepping in the box and the ball in the catchers glove atthe same time. How do u coach that?

Jul 9, 2016
Let me see if I can clear this up for you... when the ump points his finger at pitcher to "play ball", the pitch is coming weather the batter is ready or not.
Just saw that. Indiana vs Northwestern 1st inning. NW @ bat, batter had hand up while Ump lowered hers. Pitcher delivered, Strike 3! Batter still had hand up !

Dec 15, 2012
My DD likes to work fast on the mound. She gets the sign and it’s coming. She doesn’t question the call or overthink pitches and ai believe this helps her. Umpires will slow her down if batter is not ready. We occasionally face teams that will attempt to flow her down by calling time. DD is not malicious with her pitching style. She just works fast.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
My DD likes to work fast on the mound. She gets the sign and it’s coming. She doesn’t question the call or overthink pitches and ai believe this helps her. Umpires will slow her down if batter is not ready. We occasionally face teams that will attempt to flow her down by calling time. DD is not malicious with her pitching style. She just works fast.

If she ever plays at a high level she is going to struggle as smart batters will play her like a fiddle. Nothing is gained by working fast as it is counter productive.

Apr 28, 2019
Hello all
Is quick pitching illegal in fastpitch 12u?
Batter steps in the box before she looks up at the pitcher boom in the catchers glove. Umpire allowed it. Any takes?
Not sure. The pitcher has 20 seconds to deliver a pitch. In my opinion the batter should be ready when the pitcher is ready. But usually the pitcher will wait for the batter to get set.
As a pitcher when things are going well you want to work fast. When things aren’t going your way you take your time between pitches.
The hitter should call time and step out of the box if she feels rushed. Or don’t step in the box at all until ready.

Apr 28, 2019
Not sure. The pitcher has 20 seconds to deliver a pitch. In my opinion the batter should be ready when the pitcher is ready. But usually the pitcher will wait for the batter to get set.
As a pitcher when things are going well you want to work fast. When things aren’t going your way you take your time between pitches.
The hitter should call time and step out of the box if she feels rushed. Or don’t step in the box at all until ready.
The hitter should ask the ump for time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478