Question ...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 7, 2014
I dunno I guess she swears she will have brush interference on the side of her head if she does not tilt her head. She has done that since the first time she threw ....

Nov 7, 2014
Part of that is camera angle the camera is always at her hip height looking up and it has a fish lense ...

but took her out today for field practice she hit 52 5 times :)

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2010
Her shoulder is eight inches too high, it's not her head. When she does that she shortens her arm. When her arm is shorter her lever is shorter. She's taking away from her natural tools. Hopefully she'll read this and fix it in absence of her parent trying to apply a reality filter.

-W

Nov 7, 2014
Her shoulder is eight inches too high, it's not her head. When she does that she shortens her arm. When her arm is shorter her lever is shorter. She's taking away from her natural tools. Hopefully she'll read this and fix it in absence of her parent trying to apply a reality filter.

-W

Wow do not know how to take that considering I am her father and only wish the best for her I guess I will leave this alone ...

Jul 26, 2010
Wow do not know how to take that considering I am her father and only wish the best for her I guess I will leave this alone ...

It's okay you're not alone. All the time people come here, or other places, ask for advice, and then proceed to make a thousand excuses on why the advice is invalid.

He shoulder is good at release, it's not as bad as I thought at first glance, however, she is slowing down towards the end in order to allow her momentum to shift. I don't know if she thinks that she's throwing a rise ball and pulling up on her hand after she release or what, but she would be faster if she didn't have such a forced end before her unnatural follow through. Relax, it's faster. It will be slower for a few weeks, but when she's used to it, she will throw faster and have less stress on that joint.

-W

Nov 7, 2014
Yea I can not figure that follow through out either .... I not sure if she understands but I ask her about it all the time She keeps telling me that is just where her arm ends up ... To me its like shes trying to decelerate her arm in the wrong way .But I have yet to find a cue word or advice for her that gets rid of it it is present in every one of her pitches her change-up and drop both do it also. She is working on he IR she tends to IR her humerous early and I believe that contributes to some of it but then again maybe you have hit it and she is mentally trying to force a spin on it ...

Apr 17, 2012
Wi
Not only is her glove arm swimming there is absolutely zero adduction. BMs term. If you look up some older threads fromm boomers2012 there are a lot of helpful posts his dd has improved a lot as result. BM addresses glove swim by fixing another mechanical issue

Nov 7, 2014
Well actually her glove is not swimming it is just merely going where her glove shoulder is pointed. Swimming would be pulling her glove toward the first base side taking her body closed with it. trust me me the only thing my DD does is take her glove arm up toward the catcher turn it over and once her elbow hits her side that's it At this point she is putting absolutely no effort into her glove arm. So yes no adduction but swim no just goes with her glove shoulder. The only way you can tell if a pitcher is a true swimmer is to view them from the front or back. The adduction she is working on. When she actually pitches she does it. Not quite as good as some but she does do it ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802