Question on D2 recruiting etiquette

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2018
My daughter is heavy into the recruiting process. Since she is a 2021 I believe D2 can talk to her now? She has a D2 school in mind that has some clinics coming up. Would it be appropriate if she sent the coach an email with with her interest and schedule, and ask if they are still looking for a 2021 at her position?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
My daughter is heavy into the recruiting process. Since she is a 2021 I believe D2 can talk to her now? She has a D2 school in mind that has some clinics coming up. Would it be appropriate if she sent the coach an email with with her interest and schedule, and ask if they are still looking for a 2021 at her position?

Oh yeah... And she should be even more forward than that.

Love your school. Love your program. Really interested in going there. Researched my major. Coming to your upcoming camps. Can't wait... etc. , etc... Go on the admissions tour at the school.

If she is REALLY interested in the school, say so. It is worth being blunt - seriously. Let a program REALLY know you have an interest. No need to be subtle.

Nov 18, 2013

Consider it a minimum requirement.

Jun 27, 2018
Oh yes she knows to send interest and all that. Sorry I meant is it appropriate to ask about her position and year.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Oh yes she knows to send interest and all that. Sorry I meant is it appropriate to ask about her position and year.

Honestly you can ask, but it really doesn't matter all that much. Our expereince is that the programs recruit 'players' they think can help them - apart from pitcher and catcher they really don't care all that much. If they have to move you to a position to help the team, they will.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Make sure your dd has filled out the "recruit me" portion of the school's website. Also, you can stop by for an unofficial visit at any time. My dd took advantage of this at several D-I and D-II schools. We did let them know she was coming, sometimes asked if it was a good time, and made sure to stop by the office and the field.

Feb 17, 2015
USA
Honestly you can ask, but it really doesn't matter all that much. Our expereince is that the programs recruit 'players' they think can help them - apart from pitcher and catcher they really don't care all that much. If they have to move you to a position to help the team, they will.
Definitely this. My DD was a 3rd baseman entering college. Never played an inning there. She was moved and played both middle infield positions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802