question for LXT fans

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
Has anyone made the jump from -9 to drop-8 recently?

Did you like the results of the switch?

DD LOVES her 34/-9.
We were talking about the likely need to get a new bat in Spring, before the next HS season.
She was asking if maybe we consider a -8.

This past spring she jumped from a 33/-10 Mako to the 34/-9 LXT and didn't skip a beat.
AND she started jacking HR's. So, at some point I see her swinging a 34/-8 but just not sure if another year with 34/-9 is smarter.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
If she's performing well with a -9, I don't know why you mess with that. Another ounce isn't necessarily going to help, but it could sure hurt.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
"another ounce" seemed to have a remarkable effect when she jumped from -10 to -9.
Not saying -8 would produce in kind, but am interested in opinions...

I speaking from personal (not just DD's) experience. Granted, the LXT is well balanced, but if she's performing now with what she's got, experimenting has more potential for harm than gain.

That said, it is Fall, and full-sized minus 8s often go on deep discount.

Feb 17, 2015
USA
Also keep in mind her Mako was on the heavy side already. They weighed in around 23.6 to 24.4 avg weight depending on the year. So it was possible she was essentially already swinging a -9 bat that was labeled as a -10.

Sep 19, 2018

Just throwing in a shout out to close out bats. No affiliation, but they are 30 minutes from me. I took my daughter there to try out the different bats before buying her first 'real' bat. They were nothing but nice. They let her swing every bat she wanted to test, gave her all the time she wanted to choose and there was no pushiness.

cmn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802