Queen of the Hill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
I think the real benefit of the QOTH is in the winter in colder climates. Now that it's warmer in the Northeast girls are able to pitch outside on a "real" pitching plate as opposed to indoor where they have a hard time pushing hard, as the floor is flat and they tend to push off with less force. My DD has been using QOTH for a little over 3 weeks and yesterday she hit her top speed in a game 61. In the fall she was 57-58 rarely 59. She did a lot of work over winter with strength and conditioning as well buy QOTH has helped.

Jun 19, 2014
Raleigh,NC
My thought in regards to this topic.
1)Just like any other product, people want to know....example rev fire, pocket radar, Ghost bat...the list will go on and on but you get the idea. This forum always had people talk about products.
2) as far as the product.....Is it useful? Depends on who is answering the question. A pitching coach with clients can use this product to help leg drive with their students, a school or program, even a travel ball team can have a steady device to warm up on before games...even the lucky few with their own decked out pitching lane might be interested in this product.(a bit envious).
Just like any other product, it is a tool to help create better mechanics...:not as a replacement for quality pitching instructions.
As for me, I am not willing to fork over the money for this product. Then again, I was that parent that purchased a cheap bat at Play It Again Sports and only upgraded when the bat was no longer legal due to the outdated stamp. She never played in big tournaments and the team she did play on was local and cost efficient($300 per season to include cost of field and 5 tournaments plus 1 local showcase). When not playing on this team, she guest played....one team she guest played with them quite frequent. The point I am making is this product is not for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
May 27, 2013
My dd has definitely noticed a stronger drive and gets out further now than she ever has. She has been humming the ball in there and using QOTH for the past few weeks has been the only addition to her typical routine. Her catcher told her after their game the other day that it was the hardest she’s thrown since she’s started catching her this winter. Seems to be helping her!

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Coach James- not sure if this post was meant for me or not and my apologies for the delayed response as I have been away for a bit. But if it was meant for me, I was asking [MENTION=10217]Ken[/MENTION]b the question based on his post. I was not asking Ken Krause as I read his review. I hope that helps clarify and again it may not have been for me so if not please disregard. Gracias Amigo!

Have not purchased one yet. I have no doubt about it’s utility for helping my pitchers squeeze more out out of their drive. An updated RefFire or Diamond Kinetics gadget is the next item on my wish list, then a QOTH...

Last edited:
May 9, 2015
West Virginia
I’m no expert and probably not considered a trusted PC here as well but I can share that the QOTH has helped 90% of my girls (I have a little over 20).
It’s an every lesson tool for us, the way I have it dropped into the mat, it’s much more “game like” and not a distraction at all. The biggest asset imo is the posture you must be in (sprinters start) in order to move it and the instant feedback of the “click”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 1, 2014
USA
So how are all the Queen users doing these days? Any further updates or progress reports that you'd care to share? For all the attention that this "gadget" got a few months ago it's been awfully quiet lately... Thanks in advance!

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
we use ours about once a week. it definitely helps with drive and I will definitely use it with students as I think it can shorten the drive learning time. one thing we noticed, DD is a wide and slide pitcher, ie she starts with feet wide apart and then slides drive foot inward. (Java tip :)) nothing was clicking but then we noticed she wasn't centering her drive foot on the QTH. once we re-positioned her, all was good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coopdog