Queen of the Hill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Again, people, let's stick to the topic, which is about direct experiences with the product named or questions about it. Just like we do with bats, gloves, and other products.

Mar 9, 2019
for the coaches that use the QOH, how do you start a new pitcher on it? I have it for my daughter, she'll go through her motion 10-15x without a ball, and then 10-15x with a ball at a comfortable setting '3.' At that point, do I increase tension? I've looked for video, and read through posts, but I'm not sure we're utilizing it properly.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I've re-opened this thread, but let's be sure it doesn't become an advertisement. Share your questions and experiences, but avoid the temptation to out-and-out promote it. Just like with any other topic here. Thanks.

Ken, help me understand DFP's policies. If I make money on a particular product, can I use DFP to advertise the product as coach james does? Is the advertising policy for everyone, or just certain individuals?

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
for the coaches that use the QOH, how do you start a new pitcher on it? I have it for my daughter, she'll go through her motion 10-15x without a ball, and then 10-15x with a ball at a comfortable setting '3.' At that point, do I increase tension? I've looked for video, and read through posts, but I'm not sure we're utilizing it properly.

I'd start by taking some video and making sure her launch posture is correct before she ever got on it.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Ken, help me understand DFP's policies. If I make money on a particular product, can I use DFP to advertise the product as coach james does? Is the advertising policy for everyone, or just certain individuals?

It all depends on the context. First of all, can you just come on here and start advertising posts about a product? No. If you have a connection to a product can you put something in your signature talking about a coupon or discount for DFP members? Yes, providing the main message has something of value for the community. That is what Coach James has done - included info about a discount that is available.

We also tend to cut more slack for valued members of our community, and always have. People who contribute on various threads and in various forums are given more leeway than the person who comes on here the first time and puts a post up trying to sell a product.

So under those rules, if you had a connection to a product you believed in, and could arrange a discount off the normal sale price for DFP members, you absolutely could put it in your signature. If people asked questions about that product that you could answer, they would see that money-saving opportunity when you answered. They'd also see it as you normally contribute on questions that have nothing to do with the product.

People are interested in the Queen of the Hill, and Coach James has experience with it. I've met him, and talked with him, and also know he wouldn't attach his name to it just to make a buck. So another point in his favor.

Like anything else it's a judgement call. The call has been made.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
James,

You can finally treat your clinicians to an extra small twist cone at the local Tastee Freeze. You know, the famous one just up the block in Seymour, IN. :D

Chris

Hell Yeah Brother.... Come on up another 45 min drive. I think I still know how to turn on a grill to cook some steaks!

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West

Keep adding to the tension about 1/4 turn until she can no longer get the double click every time, and it becomes a real effort. Document it, then strive to beat that tension number every so often

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
It all depends on the context. First of all, can you just come on here and start advertising posts about a product? No. If you have a connection to a product can you put something in your signature talking about a coupon or discount for DFP members? Yes, providing the main message has something of value for the community. That is what Coach James has done - included info about a discount that is available.

We also tend to cut more slack for valued members of our community, and always have. People who contribute on various threads and in various forums are given more leeway than the person who comes on here the first time and puts a post up trying to sell a product.

So under those rules, if you had a connection to a product you believed in, and could arrange a discount off the normal sale price for DFP members, you absolutely could put it in your signature. If people asked questions about that product that you could answer, they would see that money-saving opportunity when you answered. They'd also see it as you normally contribute on questions that have nothing to do with the product.

People are interested in the Queen of the Hill, and Coach James has experience with it. I've met him, and talked with him, and also know he wouldn't attach his name to it just to make a buck. So another point in his favor.

Like anything else it's a judgement call. The call has been made.

Do you, or anyone else connected with DFP (other than coach james) make money from the sale of the Queen of the Hill?

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Do you, or anyone else connected with DFP (other than coach james) make money from the sale of the Queen of the Hill?

Would you like me to send you a cut of all commissions?
Because you're beating this dead horse like you feel entitled to a percentage. I'll gladly give you my cut if you shut up on this topic

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812