Quality at bats Steve Springer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Has anyone here purchased Steve Springer ' s DVDs or Cds on Quality at bats? I was thinking about getting it for the car ride to practices.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I downloaded it to my tablet. DD and I have listened to it twice so far and plan to listen to it once a month throughout the summer.

Oct 10, 2011
I heard it's really short. ..for 29.00 do you feel it's worth it? We've both read and liked the mental side of hitting book but I think these things can be easy to forget. Sounds like those that get it listen to it frequently also but DD likes to rock her music on the way to games etc...

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
We purchased the original version about 2 months ago. I think it was $20 and I think it was worth the investment. As a stat geek myself, sometimes I get too immersed in them. I think Springer has a good perspective on things.

Jan 28, 2013
I got both the cd and dvd when I saw him speak. Bother are 1/2 hour each.

Pretty good content and some top 10 Nacala teams use him.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Never heard of it....but I'm definitely interested.
Having a quality at bat is something I always say to my kids....so much in fact that I had custom stickers made for the kids helmets (kinda like what Tennessee does with their "JC" stickers)
If I feel as though her plate apperence was quality, even if it resulted in an out, I'll give her a sticker. It's just a quarter sized round sticker, it's gold with a big "Q" on it..... it's priceless how the kids respond to it.

Jan 28, 2013
He talks about how Clint Hurdle used to put a Q on the lineup card when players had a QAB. It showed that the coaches
understood that they had a good AB.

He preaches not worrying about BA, studying pitchers, going to the plate with a game plan to manage the AB and the importance of breathing
and relaxing.

I think Oregon is one of the programs he has worked with.

Not the highest production values for the DVD and CD but solid ideas applicable to both BB and SB.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Bringing this one back up as I just recently listened to one of his Podcasts....seems like good stuff and in many ways goes along with Matt Lisle/The Hitting Vault's philosophies.

Anyone else have some more recent thoughts or input?

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
Nothing new to add, but I've seen him, he's great, I bought the CDs. Highly recommend him. Kelly Kretschman said that the more she moved up in the game, the more important the mental side became.- this guy is all about mental.

In my DDs case, she has a tendency to start the season off strong and then tails off when she finds out how good she is doing and then tries to maintain her stats. She could really benefit by adopting his philosophy of quality at bats. I have led the horse to water, now we'll see if she drinks.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802