PVC pipe “wall”.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
On the hitting twitters I am seeing the 2x3 or 2x2 pvc pipe wall or divider drill. (I think it’s unfortunate that they called it a “wall drill” btw.). Last one I saw was a Blastmotion post shared by Carlton Sanders. I apologize, I can’t figure out how to post a link.

This PVC pipe wall is used in that video as a way to get “on plane”. I’d like to see some discussion from the people I know here about the uses of the pvc fence as a training tool. I think I will leave it at that.

Here is a still from the video:
310C1B43-077C-4CDF-9CAF-06B1BF78B924.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
tumblr_pfqjqaEgFC1usf292o1_250.gif

That bug is good and dead

Feb 16, 2015
South East
On the hitting twitters I am seeing the 2x3 or 2x2 pvc pipe wall or divider drill. (I think it’s unfortunate that they called it a “wall drill” btw.). Last one I saw was a Blastmotion post shared by Carlton Sanders. I apologize, I can’t figure out how to post a link.

This PVC pipe wall is used in that video as a way to get “on plane”. I’d like to see some discussion from the people I know here about the uses of the pvc fence as a training tool. I think I will leave it at that.

Here is a still from the video:
View attachment 13551

I believe it’s intention is to get behind the ball early/deep and stay through the ball instead of pulling off. The bat should travel parallel with the upper inside of the top rail and not cut over the rail. Promoting a diagonal bat path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
I want to know more about the band as well as the drill in entirety.

“No stride” flavored stuff has never appealed to me but that is interesting.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
It's a drill....I was just showing a gif of what the'wall' would look like and how it should/could be used. I shouldn't have posted.
DrdSIIvWkAADnQT.jpg

Last edited:
May 3, 2014
The post on twitter from Blast is not a good demo of the wall drill. The hitter is late with the barrel turn and hammering into contact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802