Purple Hand

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
DD has some trap/neck and rhomboid issues on her right side for around 4 weeks and she is right handed. We have taken some time off and seen the appropriate people. Warmed up to pitch yesterday and rained out as the lead off batter steps in the batters box. About two hours later at home her left none pitching hand is purple and cold. Nothing hurts and not swollen. She can't remember anything she did to aggravate it. Seems vascular and we go to the ER. Her hand is not as purple but still noticeably discolored. They check her out and the doctor told us he doesn't have a clue why it's purple. Absolutely no pain. Thoughts? Again it's her none pitching hand.

Nov 8, 2018
DD has some trap/neck and rhomboid issues on her right side for around 4 weeks and she is right handed. We have taken some time off and seen the appropriate people. Warmed up to pitch yesterday and rained out as the lead off batter steps in the batters box. About two hours later at home her left none pitching hand is purple and cold. Nothing hurts and not swollen. She can't remember anything she did to aggravate it. Seems vascular and we go to the ER. Her hand is not as purple but still noticeably discolored. They check her out and the doctor told us he doesn't have a clue why it's purple. Absolutely no pain. Thoughts? Again it's her none pitching hand.

Had a patient with similar issue many moons ago. It was T4 syndrome. I would father most chiros have no idea what the hell that is. However, if you try a chiro, one who physically adjusts the spine. Have them check her upper thoracic spine for misalignments/fixations etc.
I would also suggest a check of T1 complex and left shoulder girdle for the same it could be thoracic outlet syndrome. However, her symptoms are not classic for the dx. But it never hurts to check it out.
You will need a stud chiro for this.
If you get it all checked lmk. Would love to know what happens.
I know it seems vascular but it may be neurological causing the vascular issue.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 28, 2017
DD has congenital idiopathic asymptomatic syringomyelia and we have been to a chiro but only for massages. The ER said it was not TOS but not sure. Has absolutely no pain. Stumped

Nov 8, 2018
DD has congenital idiopathic asymptomatic syringomyelia and we have been to a chiro but only for massages. The ER said it was not TOS but not sure. Has absolutely no pain. Stumped

So she has never been adjusted?
Upper thoracics. I would have checked.

Jan 28, 2017
Just got back from a sports doc and he released her. Pectoral minor was causing problems with her bronchial
plexus and blood vessels. One of the test he did with her turning her head caused him to loose her pulse in both arms.He said this was the cause of her odd swelling and purple hand. Prescribe physical therapy and a return visit in a month.

Jan 28, 2017
Physical therapy today and still having trouble turning her head to the left. PT did seem to help. Her grip strength got better after the movements. Nobody is sure why her hand turned purple since it was her left hand and she is right handed. Threw a little today and still discoloring a little.

Jan 28, 2017
Had a patient with similar issue many moons ago. It was T4 syndrome. I would father most chiros have no idea what the hell that is. However, if you try a chiro, one who physically adjusts the spine. Have them check her upper thoracic spine for misalignments/fixations etc.
I would also suggest a check of T1 complex and left shoulder girdle for the same it could be thoracic outlet syndrome. However, her symptoms are not classic for the dx. But it never hurts to check it out.
You will need a stud chiro for this.
If you get it all checked lmk. Would love to know what happens.
I know it seems vascular but it may be neurological causing the vascular issue.
Good luck.

Worried dad! After seeing 3 doctors and everyone stumped on why her hand turned purple and all three saying that she is fine, I'm not sure what to do since her hand is still turning purple. Non throwing hand. Her neck muscles and pec minor is very tight but on the other side. Any suggestions? They look at me like I'm crazy when I bring things up. Her movements are good except for turning her head to the left.

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
Worried dad! After seeing 3 doctors and everyone stumped on why her hand turned purple and all three saying that she is fine, I'm not sure what to do since her hand is still turning purple. Non throwing hand. Her neck muscles and pec minor is very tight but on the other side. Any suggestions? They look at me like I'm crazy when I bring things. Her movements are good except for turning her head to the left.
Sorry you and your DD are going through this. I have no useful advice for you but just wanted to offer my best wishes and I hope your DD gets this figured out soon.

Jan 28, 2017
Pitching lessons yesterday and left hand turns blue and shakes almost immediately and DD got tired fast. Hit 55 on the gun and change was really good but stopped well before her lesson was over.

This am warmed up throwing overhand and she started shaking and she looked give out. Headed back to the doctor. No pain or swelling. Crazy

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812