Pure barrels or cut!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 23, 2015
Back elbow is outracing the hands, she's dragging the bat. I also feel she could do a little better job of maintaining posture, her body does stand a little taller at launch.

I know this is not an absolute in hitting, but maybe at heel plant if her back elbow was parallel with the ground (back shoulder height) it would help with the bat drag. JMHO

In regard to posture, nobody explains better then this guy IMO

She looks very athletic though, meaning she can probably get a way with it to some extent.

This guys a complete clown and fraud. He can't even set up his cage properly. Shes hanging up on every swing and does nothing about it. Shes planting a bug with every swing

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017
This guys a complete clown and fraud. He can't even set up his cage properly. Shes hanging up on every swing and does nothing about it. Shes planting a bug with every swing

I've never heard of him till now, so I don't know if he is a clown, but I disagree with every other sentence you wrote...

It is a drill. She is starting at a leveraged position early on purpose.

What is wrong with the cage? You don't like that he has a baseball pitching screen?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010

Whats does hanging up on every swing mean ?

Kind of reminds me of Josh H where he strides and keeps his weight back over the rear leg and then transitions into becoming leveraged before swinging.

2oLHkUD.gif

RW5PHnv.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Here is a video of a young woman of Line Drive Nation. She does have some power, but also has doesn't quite measure up in some hitting aspects. She has more bat-wrap that I like, and perhaps that, bat weight, or focused drills leave her with a problem in her mechanics. Can you spot it?

From what I see she loads the hips late. Hip slide. Head drifts forward at foot plant.

May 12, 2016
OK.. :)

It's ok, he might not be for everybody. This is first softball hitter I've seen him work with, might explain his setup. I've found his material very helpful, he doesn't seem like a fraud to me??

Have to understand as well, this is a drill using a short heavy bat.. it was about helping her stay connected and in posture

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
:) if someones pays for a lesson and learns what doesnt work...does that constitute fraud?!

May 12, 2016
:) if someones pays for a lesson and learns what doesnt work...does that constitute fraud?!
What do you believe doesn't work here? When he walks into to talk to her, he displays what she was doing previously, coming out of her posture and front shoulder flying open.. you don't think her posture has improved in the swings she took in this video segment?

Last edited:
May 23, 2015
Sadly thats more common than not. Theres an old saying. No one ever listens to advice unless they pay for it. Its so true

Look at bozos Instagram. Ever batter he's mistraining hangs in the net. Thats elementary cage work.

No thanks on that guy. Hes not a detail coach

May 23, 2015
Look at the whole sequence folk. Learn from the details. Watch every batters back swing.

99% of the discussion/arguments on this site miss the most important components of athletics.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812