Proud for fellow DFP member and DD brag post.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
I was hoping he would make a post of his own to brag on his DD but I can’t wait any longer.

There’s only a few people I know that have more softball bats for their DD than I do and redhotcoach is one. He listed a few of the spare bats he had for sale and I decided to take the DeMarini’s Insane off his hands.

Redhotcoach lives a few hours away and he and his daughter were headed in town for a tournament over this last weekend. I asked him to bring the Insane with him and told him I’d meet up at the tournament for the purchase.

We met up Sunday morning. The tournament was trying to finish the pool games they failed to complete due to a rain shortened Saturday. After getting a great deal on the DeMarini, I decided to stick around and watch some softball. I ended up getting to watch redhotcoach’s DD play in several games and let me tell you, she is the real deal.

Due to the rain shortened event, the game times were reduced to 60 minutes. This meant that you were lucky to get through your batting order twice in the time allotted. Redhotcoach’s DD batted third and she had a walkoff game-winning hit the first game, a walk and a stand-up triple over the centerfielders head the second game, a walk and a hard hit double in a run ruled bracket game, and a 250 foot HR over the scoreboard (into the next field BOMB) in the semi final bracket game. He will have to fill in the blanks’s, but of the at-bats I watched his DD either walked or hit for extra bases in every plate appearance.

I commented on how good she was doing and he told me two weeks ago she had three home runs and one intentional walk in four at bats.

Way to go redhotcoach and DD.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Thanks for the support. If anyone needs to have a brag post it's the o.p. of this thread.
Someone :) just sent me a shot of the triple.
image.jpg

The hr (#6 this season) got a fitting name.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2013
Texas
Thank u Knight for the posting.

Great to hear that a poster that I listen to has a DD that is killing the ball. Red. She has great form. I hope one day my dd will b able to have that kind of power. I will continue to keep taking your advise.

Thanks.

What bat sale?

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Thanks for the support. If anyone needs to have a brag post it's the o.p. of this thread.
Someone :) just sent me a shot of the triple.
View attachment 7914

The hr (#6 this season) got a fitting name.
View attachment 7915

She looks really good, can you give me a hint of your current favorite things you like to work on with her?
and your team in general?

I find myself with lots of new girls this year, saying goodbye to long timers, and the range of what I need to work on has never been wider.

or, and yes, I like how she looks from that single pic.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Mann, her right now, keeping the barrel up. Not flattening on slower pitches. Which honestly the only thing that is suffering slightly is pitches up about armpit high. She was sending those long a month ago, now tending to come up on them and hit glancing blow ground balls.
Other girls, well kind of same boat as you, some newer girls, most played a lot of volleyball or basketball, and are too busy or not super interested in going much farther in softball. I don't know, it seems like if I said lift your left hand many of their right feet would go up instead. If they don't want to spend the extra time for whatever reason to work on that, then I don't either. So we work on hitting the ball with whatever mechs they have, and the thing I say the most is wanting to hit every pitch and check swing if it's not yours. That isn't working all that well either, many are waiting to see the pitch then decide too late. The softball players are thinning out, so I will spend my time differently. Someone else can coach the teams, and I will help my kids and anyone else who asks. About 1 more month and I am retired from coaching.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00