Pride vs SY Dogs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 28, 2019
Did anybody get a chance to watch the game last night?
I went to watch and figured it was free live streaming but it was not. I’m not paying to watch softball. I pay more than enough to watch DD’s play. 😀
Is there another way to catch these games for free?
I’m really wish we could just watch sports without all the BS. I guess there was a tweet last night that was deemed inappropriate.
Many players of different colors took exception to what was tweeted. Does this mean the players are not going to represent the SY Dogs for the rest of what was supposed to be a 22 game series?
The tweet was unnecessary and probably in bad taste to most folks.
I personally don’t care what players/owners think of the social injustices in our world.
There are many platforms that can be used on their time to express their feelings/stances. Let’s keep game time sacred and just play the damn game!!!
You judge people by who they are not what they are.
If you don’t want to stand for the National Anthem you have that right just do it in the locker room not on the field.
The FLAG means a lot to me and I hate to see it tarnished in any way. Our flag represents many good things and a few that some people would rather be forgotten.
The problem with forgetting is that if you don’t remember the bad along with the good your destined to repeat same mistakes made in the past in the future.
You hold the good deeds and good intentions to a bright light for all to see but must not let the bad/damaging acts be swept under the rug.
We are all one people that should treat others with dignity & respect. Some may not deserve this honor but even all the more reason to treat them with kindness.

Mar 13, 2010
The series might continue but it won’t be Scrapyard playing. The team will likely be in a different uniform.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
My opinion, and my opinion only.............I could care less about what ANY athlete, celebrity, actor, actress, CEO, and especially a politician (you know, the real stupid ones) have to say about ANYTHING! Their biased views mean absolutely nothing to me!

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
bye bye pro fastpitch... you have died from a self inflicted wound to the top of your foot. You should have taken a class in logic and/or rhetoric. Connie Mack, posted a tweet of you guys proudly standing during the NA which nobody force you to do, THEN you feel the outrage, WHY????? Just hit the ball and shut up, thank you.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
I still don't understand what Scrapyard did.

The general manager, Connie May, sent out a tweet with a political slant that was done in a way that implied she was speaking for all the players. A number of them have said that's what really upset them. She took it upon herself to speak for the players on an important topic without their permission.

I'm sure it didn't help that many, if not all, of the players disagreed with the specific message.

The response I've seen to the stand they took has been almost entirely positive. The players are sticking together. They're still a team. They have the support of the USSSA Pride. I'm pretty sure they're going to find a way to play the games, just not while wearing Scrap Yard uniforms.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
The general manager, Connie May, sent out a tweet with a political slant that was done in a way that implied she was speaking for all the players. A number of them have said that's what really upset them. She took it upon herself to speak for the players on an important topic without their permission.

I'm sure it didn't help that many, if not all, of the players disagreed with the specific message.

The response I've seen to the stand they took has been almost entirely positive. The players are sticking together. They're still a team. They have the support of the USSSA Pride. I'm pretty sure they're going to find a way to play the games, just not while wearing Scrap Yard uniforms.
Here is the tweet. To me it is much more patriotic than political. Just documenting the fact that pro softball player stood during the NA. Is there something wrong with that? If so, why did they do it?
1593262157425.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee