Prevent Leaking/Shifting Forward After Heel Plant

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
So basically I need to start swinging from the other side of the plate

I guess I haven't had any issues with it transitioning with the movement pattern.. For the most part I tell students to keep the hands back and let the body whip the barrel.

Jun 8, 2016
I guess I haven't had any issues with it transitioning with the movement pattern.. For the most part I tell students to keep the hands back and let the body whip the barrel.
Get to a good position to swing from, on time, with the hands back…🤷🏽‍♂️

Easier said than done unfortunately 😒

• Haha
Reactions: TDS

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Get to a good position to swing from, on time, with the hands back…🤷🏽‍♂️

Easier said than done unfortunately 😒

The only difference between "stop swings" and "keeping the hands back" is one releases the hands ;)

Oct 2, 2017
Stone has a drill progression like this. I am with @Work=wins on this, I don’t think trying to actively get hip shoulder separation like that is a good idea…YMMV 🤷🏽‍♂️
I'm not saying one should actively teach it. This is a thought process I'm going through. I think there is validity to it. How one goes about achieving it can be debated. All "Swing Systems" have their flaws.

Jun 8, 2016
@pattar if you don't mind me asking. Do you think separation in that manner occurs, naturally or actively?
Naturally although I think an active thought of keeping the hands back (walk away from the hands) may not be a bad one to have.

A lot of kids either move out poorly (lunge or don’t get off their rear side) or not on time and/or don’t trust themselves and start their hands too early (which is often related to not moving out in time)

Oct 2, 2017
Naturally although I think an active thought of keeping the hands back (walk away from the hands) may not be a bad one to have.

A lot of kids either move out poorly (lunge or don’t get off their rear side) or not on time and/or don’t trust themselves and start their hands too early (which is often related to not moving out in time)
Thanks for the reply. Does walking away from the hands, create hip shoulder separation?

May 12, 2016
Hitting is weird.. lol. For example, I've always had one of the better arms on the team, hardest slap shot in hockey, one of the harder hitters in volleyball etc... and the same guys I could throw harder than, shoot the puck harder than had more power than me at the plate. I wasn't a bad hitter, but they were in another league. Same with my daughters, picked up a ball for the first time and I didn't teach them anything, it was just natural, they had very strong arms with good form.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28