Prescription Glasses

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 27, 2021
My daughter wears glasses. Since 4 yo. She has regular glasses, clear lens sports glasses and now Rx sports glasses. She is a BB and SB player.

All have been covered by insurance coverage.

We have had the clear lens sports frames for years now. Just changing out the lenses when script changes and/or scratches. Always been about a week for lenses and frames.

Clear lens Sports Frames: Hilco Vision

Rx Sports Sunglasses: Liberty (Rec Specs by Liberty)

Oct 26, 2019
Count me in as one more vote for contacts even though she is refusing them. I have worn them since I was about nine or 10 because I couldn’t find glasses that fit under the helmet without moving around. Can’t imagine not playing in them and having any degree of success

Jul 12, 2017
MI
So 11 yr old daughter wears glasses daily and had not been wearing them when playing. I had her wear them during her last tournament and it made a big difference to her. She refuses contacts, but I wanted to see if and what recommendations anyone had for durable glasses to play in. At this point we are not going to do contacts, but obviously she needs a good sturdy frame to wear during play.
Thanks in advance.
Ok, as an optometrist, I'd recommend 1) Contact lenses (Better field of vision, less fogging, less lens scratches, etc) 2) Sports Glasses (Rec Specs or Hilco's Leader Frames) or 3) Orthokeratology/Corneal Refractive Therapy (please ask your optometrist about this option).

My DD needs no correction and uses Oakley suns in the field (infield corners and outfield) as she has no glasses prescription, DS, 15 yo freshman baseballer that's nearsighted does Orthokeratology/Corneal Refractive Therapy to correct his nearsightedness and wears Oakley suns in the field (P, SS, CF).

Jan 5, 2018
PNW
We used a pair of oakleys with corrective lenses. We had a set of RX sunglass lenses we could swap out. Definately not a cheap way of doing things. Made all the difference in the world for DD. We graduated to contact lenses and put the non RX lenses back in the oakleys.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Usually, I wear contacts. I have slight astigmatism...so torix contacts can be a tad uncomfortable. But when I wear glasses...I wear a pair of prescription goggles for sports. Honestly, I don't like how they fit underneath my helmet and prefer to wear a prescription pair of Oakley's.

TBF,, I'm considering getting LASIK done over the summer. I'm sick of wearing glasses and poking myself in the eye to put in contacts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802