Prescription Glasses

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 9, 2020
So 11 yr old daughter wears glasses daily and had not been wearing them when playing. I had her wear them during her last tournament and it made a big difference to her. She refuses contacts, but I wanted to see if and what recommendations anyone had for durable glasses to play in. At this point we are not going to do contacts, but obviously she needs a good sturdy frame to wear during play.
Thanks in advance.

Aug 21, 2020
So 11 yr old daughter wears glasses daily and had not been wearing them when playing. I had her wear them during her last tournament and it made a big difference to her. She refuses contacts, but I wanted to see if and what recommendations anyone had for durable glasses to play in. At this point we are not going to do contacts, but obviously she needs a good sturdy frame to wear during play.
Thanks in advance.

Both of my DD’s used Bolle sports glasses with transition Rx lenses. The oldest (14U) switched over to contacts this year. We used our vision insurance benefits to get these for a co-pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 19, 2018
No specific suggestion. Just understand that depending on the strength of the prescription, the wrap around glasses can definitely take some getting used to.

Aug 21, 2020
Oh - I should mention that keep anti fog/lens cleaning wipes in her bag or on you all the time. With all the dirt and stuff flying around those lenses get scratched pretty easily. Not cheap or fast to re-lens those frames either.

Oct 4, 2018
Contacts.

Yes, most kids don't want to wear them. At first. They all come to love them. I'd go that route. Perhaps too late for you, but we just talked them up as the coolest thing ever and the best for their sports and they were eager to try them on.

I don't quite understand why you're so quick to abandon them. My kids don't like broccoli but they still have to eat it.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Oh - I should mention that keep anti fog/lens cleaning wipes in her bag or on you all the time. With all the dirt and stuff flying around those lenses get scratched pretty easily. Not cheap or fast to re-lens those frames either.

We have the same fogging issues for my daughter who wears sports glasses. Even with the wipes, she still has fogging issues, especially when she's catching in the summer heat. I wish she'd switch to contacts, but she wants no part of putting something in her eyes.

Aug 21, 2020

I don't quite understand why you're so quick to abandon them. My kids don't like broccoli but they still have to eat it.

Not sure if this was meant for me, but my DD switched to contacts this year from the Bolles. I wish she could use dailies, but her Rx isn’t available in those.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I actually wore these when I played sports as a kid in the late 80's early 90's... Everyone called me Sabo.... Lol... I have tried to talk her into something like this but she isn't having it....
Sad part is, that is prob something I would wear. Hate contacts...dont like the touching of the eye thing. And I dont want glasses falling off.
Never tried the new wrap around glasses as for tightness around the face while playing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee