Preparing the Body to Stride

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Balance is the word. Dynamic balance. Good balance will contribute to better timing and more power.

Went to the PGA pro am in La Quinta couple weeks ago. You could tell who was the pro and who was the amtuer from 300 yards. To play as an amtuer, I believe the player had to be a 10 handicap or better. So not complete hacks. But the balance and the efficiency of the pros swing was easily discerned.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Yeah you could say the coiled position is at toe touch (launch position). There isn't any fancy negative move. The negative move and positive move blend together.

So your saying the negative move is intertwined with the positive move? I agree. You need to go back ( get back, preset, get into, weight the back heel ) to get positive. imo.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Balance is the word. Dynamic balance. Good balance will contribute to better timing and more power.

Went to the PGA pro am in La Quinta couple weeks ago. You could tell who was the pro and who was the amtuer from 300 yards. To play as an amtuer, I believe the player had to be a 10 handicap or better. So not complete hacks. But the balance and the efficiency of the pros swing was easily discerned.

It truly is about balance. Balance within your movements. Balance breeds Consistency. Consistency breeds confidence. Confidence breeds ... everything.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
It truly is about balance. Balance within your movements. Balance breeds Consistency. Consistency breeds confidence. Confidence breeds ... everything.

Is balance more to you then just the COG staying in the center of Glaus's swing? Or is it efficiency within the entire swing?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
So your saying the negative move is intertwined with the positive move? I agree. You need to go back ( get back, preset, get into, weight the back heel ) to get positive. imo.

Yes that's what I'm saying. Although hitters are different, have different styles to get to the coiled position. Some have more FBC and some do not show much FBC or they coil early on in the sequence and don't coil throughout the entire stride.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802