pre-game eating habits?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 31, 2008
I play in tournaments often and i find that i 'cant' eat until the last game of the day is over... I dont know if it is anxiety or what, but i just wont eat... I dont know what i can eat and i do need to eat something to keep my energy up... Any ideas of foods i could eat that wont sit in my stomach all day?
Thanks.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
bananas are suppose to be the ultimate pregame food. Like 600,000 were eaten at the 2008 olympics.

May 9, 2008
DD favorite is a fruit parfait. Fresh fruit with a little vanilla yogurt and a little granola on top. I've even just mixed up the fruit and yog. as a fruit salad and then added granola. It's yummy but doesn't sit on your stomach.

Fruits - strawberries, kiwi, blueberry, mango, banana or whatever is available or on sale or in season

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
When playing in college.
Lunch was~
Togos large #16
Bag a chips
And a chocolate chip cookie.
Mandatory! ;)

Pasta with meat night befor.

Games days in travel ball gotta have
meat & eggs for breakfast.
Nothing was worse than trying to eat light for me and feeling hungry.
Dennys grand slam works :)

Recognize teammates differ on this.
Some preference or needed to eat light.

Last edited:
Reactions: NEF
Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
If you'd like to eat light, Fruits and veggies with a healthy dip such as flavored yogurt works well. If you want something that will stay with you longer than an hour and keep your energy high, you'll need proteins since it takes your body longer to break them down. You can still eat light and do proteins. Peanut Butter is one of the better ones to eat whether it's in a sandwich or you slather it on a piece of celery. Hard boiled eggs are another.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Well it just depends, Saturday & Sunday open league ball in whatever State......a double cheeseburger with chili, mustard, onions, and slaw with at least a 12 pack of something cheap. Church league on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s........not so much!

Wait, are we talking about girls fastpitch?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802