Prayer requestsS

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Please pray for a teammate of mine. There is a girl on our travel team that had been having a lot of pain in her knee for about the last month or so of the season. She told the doctor about it and they did a MRI and they found a lump in her knee. She went in for surgery in August and got the lump taken out of her knee. We had a team meeting after practice the other day and we found out she has Osteosarcoma in her knee. Thankfully, it was caught early enough so chemo should help cure her. Please pray for healing so she can come back as soon as possible and that the cancer doesn't come back.

Also, I need prayer. I never brought it up before but I have been having a lot of pelvic pain since I was 14. We saw regular doctors and OB's and no one could identify what was going on. So, mom and I saw a OB near us and we were referred to one at one of the university research hospitals. They did a ultrasound and found out I possibly have endometriosis. I'm supposed to be having laproscopic surgery on Wednesday to see if I do have endometriosis and they might also remove some tissue while they are in there as well. Please pray that everything goes well and that I don't have endometriosis.

Thanks.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
Hi Gabby-you will be in my prayers! Meghan had Endometriosis too. (Her HS coach told her that her pain was all in her head! ) She Had surgery and it made it better. She was without pain after that. I did a lot of reading up on it and it sounds like it is no fun at all! Besides prayers, good luck and stay positive!

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Hi Gabby-you will be in my prayers! Meghan had Endometriosis too. (Her HS coach told her that her pain was all in her head! ) She Had surgery and it made it better. She was without pain after that. I did a lot of reading up on it and it sounds like it is no fun at all! Besides prayers, good luck and stay positive!

Thank you,, Obbay. I thought at first it was all in my head, too. I mean, the pain was manageable at first. But within the last year or so, I started to have the bad, stabbing pain when I was at that time of the month that I wanted to do nothing but stay in bed or lay in a hot bathtub. My pain is more manageable during the rest of the month. My OB is recommending I go on BC after I have the exploratory surgery...so I decided I'm going on it. I'm hoping that my pain becomes more manageable after this is done.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Gabby,

I had endometriosis and didn't know it until I was 45 years old! Even after having two kids. It's not in your head and the pain is horrible. The worst thing about it is that I didn't have to suffer for all those years. I just wasn't educated on the topic, and I'd always had some pain. To me, I just thought it was a natural part of getting older that you have to put up with. It's not. A hysterectomy took care of my problem, but obviously that's not an ideal solution for a young person. If this GYN can't find the answer, keep searching for another GYN who will be proactive and not just tell you to "wait it out." Did you know that endometriosis can come back even after it's surgically removed? And did you know that it can wrap itself around other organs as well (mine was wrapped around my bowel and bladder; sorry, graphic)?

I'm pretty passionate about this topic because I believe that women don't know about it and just assume that pelvic pain (especially with your period) is just normal "girl stuff." I state emphatically once more that it is not and you don't have to suffer. Keep looking for answers until you find the right one for you. It took me 45 years, but I'm now pain free!

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
My 16 yr old DD is also dealing with this. Best wishes on your treatment path.

Thank you so much for the best wishes. I go to have my IUD, which is part of my treatment placed tomorrow. Thankfully, my time of the month starts tomorrow (I know, TMI) so it should be more effective. Also, I won't have to worry about taking a pill on time.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Gabby,

I had endometriosis and didn't know it until I was 45 years old! Even after having two kids. It's not in your head and the pain is horrible. The worst thing about it is that I didn't have to suffer for all those years. I just wasn't educated on the topic, and I'd always had some pain. To me, I just thought it was a natural part of getting older that you have to put up with. It's not. A hysterectomy took care of my problem, but obviously that's not an ideal solution for a young person. If this GYN can't find the answer, keep searching for another GYN who will be proactive and not just tell you to "wait it out." Did you know that endometriosis can come back even after it's surgically removed? And did you know that it can wrap itself around other organs as well (mine was wrapped around my bowel and bladder; sorry, graphic)?

I'm pretty passionate about this topic because I believe that women don't know about it and just assume that pelvic pain (especially with your period) is just normal "girl stuff." I state emphatically once more that it is not and you don't have to suffer. Keep looking for answers until you find the right one for you. It took me 45 years, but I'm now pain free!

Thank you so much for the information, CMMom1740. Did you ever have treatment before for your endo? I know I was told my debilitating pain was in my head. At my high school, we have a male school nurse. One day when I was first getting severe pain when I was either ovulating or even on my actual period...I just couldn't stand the pain any more. So I went to the nurse. I'm holding my pelvic area almost in tears and I was told that I don't have any pain and it was all in my head and I was just supposed to go back to class. I'm thinking OMG, really! I went back to class thinking I was losing it that I wasn't in actual pain. But I still have pain even though it isn't always bad pain. I, too, always thought it was just a part of my period. I'm educating myself on the topic. I'm not going to get a hysterectomy unless it's absolutely necessary. I'm young yet (17) and I want to have kids. I want to be able to have a daughter that plays softball and be able to coach her one day. I wish I could find a better solution to the problems that endometriosis causes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802