Practice area in the house or garage?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 15, 2019
We have a bownet in the basement and put an old mattress behind it to protect the wall. She has broken a window though.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Bownet in the garage using Lite-Flite balls for T and soft-toss work. A miss with those won't put a hole in your drywall or massive dent in your garage door. Also used baseball and golf ball sized whiffles with a speed stick.

Nov 18, 2022
We used a tarp for pitching, lot bigger and cheaper then bownet.

I bought the cheaper powernet and hung the tarp to stop the balls- drops them right into it so they are not rolling all over the place- and she can easily pull it into the back yard and pitch full instance with no catcher needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019
Bownet in the garage for hitting. Yes there have been a few that missed and put a hole/dent in the wall/ceiling over the years. I'm raising ballplayers, drywall can be replaced. When you figure the overall cost of the several travel seasons including flights/hotels/week+ long stays in CO and Cali, private lessons, etc, the cost for a some sheetrock and paint are pretty minimal. Do what you can to minimize damage, fix it when you're watching them play in college.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Don't worry about it. Sheetrock is cheap and easy to fix. You will spend more money protecting the sheetrock than it would cost you to fix it.

When she puts a hole in the sheetrock have her sign the hole with her autograph as a badge of honor.

Jul 14, 2018
I have an 18’ x 10’ space that’s pretty clear in my basement. It’s set up with a pitching mat on one end, bow net and tee on the other. DD can hit off the tee any time. Pitching in a short space doesn’t help with location, but she works on spins and her takeoff.

I keep threatening my wife that I’m going to rent a 50’ shipping container and have it dropped next to the driveway for three months during the winter. They’re like $150 a month for a full-sized lane to pitch and hit. No-brainer, am I right?!

Jan 25, 2022
Bownet in the basement. There's a 10ft high wall of shelving holding mostly storage totes. Several have been busted. A few of those I' e turned around and my wife will eventually find them. :)

DD also did archery when we lived at our previous house. Oddly enough, it was me who put scratches on the wall.

And a few holes.

And busted baseboard trim...

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I have an 18’ x 10’ space that’s pretty clear in my basement. It’s set up with a pitching mat on one end, bow net and tee on the other. DD can hit off the tee any time. Pitching in a short space doesn’t help with location, but she works on spins and her takeoff.

I keep threatening my wife that I’m going to rent a 50’ shipping container and have it dropped next to the driveway for three months during the winter. They’re like $150 a month for a full-sized lane to pitch and hit. No-brainer, am I right?!

If you can get heat and light in there, I'd do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802