Power V

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
When players are taught hands to the ball they lose the kinetic chain (sequence). Many young players are gonna simply use hands arms and shoulder to power the swing which is the opposite of what needs to occur. They need to get firm into the ground during the stride and at foot plant and maintain this during rotation and contact. This is the reason why I’m hesitant to teach young players to manipulate the barrel early with their hands early (TTB). I feel like that displaces energy. Focus on swinging from the ground up. Fire the back knee and hips with tension in legs while maintaining upper body load (resistance) as long as possible. This will maintain the rear forearm connection to bicep longer.

Oct 2, 2017
I'm not sure that its casting, just losing a strong connection between the rear forearm and bicep when starting to launch.

I this picture you notice that the connection stays solid from the gather to slot.

Jul 31, 2019
Disconnection of upper and lower body which can be caused by several things. Here are the ones I see most often:

Lower half does not start rotating early enough, stops rotating or rotated incorrectly (ie squishing the big)

Hands are not working to palm up/palm down. Typically “death grippers” or top hand dominate swings collapse the power V and the upper half gets out in front of the lower.

Incorrect hand path. Starts with proper bat angle, then the hands (loose) are pulled together by the front elbow (which MUST maintain its 90). The knob/hands travel straight forward to your center axis (belly button) then the upper have rotates. If the hands travel to far, the power V collapses. If they don’t travel far enough, the barrel never gets to the front and the V never forms

Pulling front shoulder

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee