Power V

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
So who gets credit for inventing the other letters of the alphabet? And are there are any unclaimed letters for those late to the party? Off the top of my head, A is spoken for (the I in TEAM is in the A hole), B is for batter, C is for catcher, D may be available, E is for error, F is for....

May 12, 2008
Did not mean to offend. My apologies.

Inverted W goes back at least to Paul Nyman far before Chris. O'Leary is an interesting observer but, to my knowledge (years back admittedly), a compiler of other's thoughts rather than a creator of original ideas or viewpoints. He was never careful about credit but he worked very hard at explaining what he believes.

To me, the most recent interesting redefining of an old term was Right View declaring that all swings were both linear and rotational thus completely turning any historical definition of a "linear" swing on it's head. I'm unaware of Chris doing something like that but then I haven't read him much. Not at all in years.

Found out just now I am wrong about O'Leary not giving credit. Apparently in a dvd of his he mentioned Englishbey so good for him and my apologies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812