Power of the Change up

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2017
The change up to me is the most underrated pitch in the game. While I always love watching every strikeout the best ones are always with a change up. When a girl can throw the fastest pitch the batter will see that day and the slowest in back to back pitches it really throws them off. She has spent hours to perfect her motion so that even I can’t pick it until I see it half way to the plate.

May 20, 2016
My DD is an 06 who throws a modified curveball as her CU. It follows most of the mechanics of a standard curve but at 9 o'clock she bends her wrist and cups the ball. It is truly filthy and unhittable when thrown correctly.

Jul 14, 2018
DD’s change is her best pitch. She throws a flip and has to throw it as hard as she can to make the plate, so there’s no change in her motion, very tough to pick up and spins nearly as fast as her FB.

At 14U, she’s slow — cruises 47-50 mph. But that change comes in 10 mph slower, it’s a timing killer and has helped her pitch effectively even though she’s not blowing anyone away.

One thing that I have noticed at 14U, the hitters are much better at recognizing the change, so being able to throw it for a strike is key. Most of them see the low speed and just drop their hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Remember this...
Change up rule #1
"IT MUST BE DECEPTIVE!"
Do not slow anything down. In fact I want her thinking she needs to speed up. If her effort to speed up is so great that we see veins popped out in her forehead.... It's then at that moment, she's probably going to dominate you from the mound!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Remember this...
Change up rule #1
"IT MUST BE DECEPTIVE!"
Do not slow anything down. In fact I want her thinking she needs to speed up. If her effort to speed up is so great that we see veins popped out in her forehead.... It's then at that moment, she's probably going to dominate you from the mound!
Sell it!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802