Power Carbons ARE HERE!!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2014
Thanks for quick delivery Core. DD already raving about PC 33 -9 after a session in cage. Not surprisingly, the 33/23 Ghost and PC weighed in the same (23.4)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Core disagrees with me but I maintain that the reason people think the Ghost has so much pop is because they are actually swinging something closer to a -9 instead of the -10 that is on the Ghost's label that they bought. Well yeah, a -9 will definitely have more pop than a -10. It's a marketing ploy as opposed to any real breakthrough in technology IMO. It's actually old technology.

To compare apples to apples, one would need to buy a Ghost -11 and compare it to other manufacturer's -10. That would be a better comparison and I bet the perception of a Ghost having extra pop would dissipate.

Mar 28, 2014
Has anybody made the switch from Easton Ghost to Power Carbon, would love to hear your thoughts. Pop, Feel, Sweet Spot size etc?
Yes my DD has both. Same exit velo numbers essentially. Ghost is heavier. Everything else is about equal. Comes down to hitter's preference honestly. Have her swing both and see which she prefers.

May 12, 2016
Yes my DD has both. Same exit velo numbers essentially. Ghost is heavier. Everything else is about equal. Comes down to hitter's preference honestly. Have her swing both and see which she prefers.
From what I've seen she swings a lighter bat the best.. looses bat speed on the heavier bats, so lighter one gives her better pop and control

May 12, 2016
Core disagrees with me but I maintain that the reason people think the Ghost has so much pop is because they are actually swinging something closer to a -9 instead of the -10 that is on the Ghost's label that they bought. Well yeah, a -9 will definitely have more pop than a -10. It's a marketing ploy as opposed to any real breakthrough in technology IMO. It's actually old technology.

To compare apples to apples, one would need to buy a Ghost -11 and compare it to other manufacturer's -10. That would be a better comparison and I bet the perception of a Ghost having extra pop would dissipate.
Like I just said that depends... heavier bat only has more pop if you can maintain your bat speed. And Xeno's are heavier than Ghosts, so why are Xeno users switching and saying the Ghost has more pop? I think it's more to it than simply the heavy bat wins.

My DD's own personal experience with the Ghost, best bat she has ever used for avg. Harder line drives, mishits turning into hits etc. However, and I know this doesn't make sense but hitting for distance was not as good as her older CF8 and hand me down 2015 Xeno. In this case it was probably the Indian, not the arrow

Mar 28, 2014
Like I just said that depends... heavier bat only has more pop if you can maintain your bat speed. And Xeno's are heavier than Ghosts, so why are Xeno users switching and saying the Ghost has more pop? I think it's more to it than simply the heavy bat wins.

My DD's own personal experience with the Ghost, best bat she has ever used for avg. Harder line drives, mishits turning into hits etc. However, and I know this doesn't make sense but hitting for distance was not as good as her older CF8 and hand me down 2015 Xeno. In this case it was probably the Indian, not the arrow
Xeno is heavier than a ghost? Same -10 labeled bat?

May 12, 2016
Xeno is heavier than a ghost? Same -10 labeled bat?
On Average yes... from Eric's bat actual weight DB. Thanks again Eric for this excellence reference

Ghost 32/22 ASA (2018)..........AW 22.3 - 22.9 oz
Ghost 32/22 USSSA (2018)......AW 22.8 oz
Ghost 33/22 ASA (2018)..........AW 23.3 oz
Ghost 33/23 ASA (2018)..........AW 23.2 - 24.1 oz
Ghost 33/23 USSSA (2018)......AW 24.1 oz

Xeno 32/22 (2017)..................AW 22.9 - 23.3 oz
Xeno 33/22 (2018)..................AW 24.1 oz
Xeno 33/23 (2018)..................AW 24.3 oz
Xeno 33/23 (2017)..................AW 24.1 - 24.6 oz
Xeno 33/23 (2017)..................AW 24.1 - 24.6 oz

Apr 8, 2016
My DD has a 33/23 Ghost now and thinking about a 33/24 PC too..might have to pull the trigger soon...

I fixed my earlier post on weight - 24.1 for each - so glad we went with 33/24. She had a 33/23 PC and said it swung way too light and retired it to batting practice. DD loved the new PC in cage but she’s hitting field today - we’ll see initial results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 12, 2016
DD was swinging a 32/22 ghost.. we just ordered a 32/21 PC. I am a little worried, but I always felt the Ghost was too heavy for her

Feb 12, 2014
Has anybody made the switch from Easton Ghost to Power Carbon, would love to hear your thoughts. Pop, Feel, Sweet Spot size etc?

DD used an ASA Ghost last year. Previously she had used a Xeno. I felt that by early last fall (used for school and summer ball) the Ghost had started to give up some of its pop. Now, early on the thing was an absolute beast. I started shopping a bit to replace the Ghost and wanted something dual stamped since my DD moved to a USSSA affiliated team for this season. Based on Core's posts and the feedback from others, I went with a PC2. We also moved to a drop 9 rather than a drop 10 on this bat.

DDs first reaction was that the PC had a lighter swing feel even at -9 than her Ghost did at -10. As far as pop, this competes with the new Ghost and is better (opinion only) than the Ghost at 9 months. DD likes the lighter swing feel and I think she is getting better mishits off the handle than she did with the Ghost. Sweet spot seems large which was something I didn't think about the Ghost.

If I had known at the time that the Ghost was going to be dual stamped, I probably would have waited it out. As it turns out, I'm glad I didn't. DD loves the Mizuno. I love Core's prices. It's a win-win for us. Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom