Power Carbons ARE HERE!!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Two things really impressive here.. 1. 50+ from a 9 year old, wow!. And the fact your DD has no issues catching up to it. Maybe her swing isn't crappy at all, just her dad thinks so, :). JK.. or maybe the heavy bat is hurting her mechanics? Seen vids of your DD btw, she's going to be a good one!
No her swing is crappy mechanically whether or not she uses a wiffle ball bat or a telephone poll ;). She gets away with it for now because of how athletic she is and how much time we have spent hitting. Bat speed isn't an issue..bat path definitely is. She is all muscle, she has a six pack and yesterday had the best shuttle run time in her school (up to 5th grade), boys or girls, as a third grader. I was the same way (minus the six pack..that only came after I decided to not eat like crap all the time.. I was a big fan of sugar daddy's after school...yum)...at some point being athletic as heck doesn't cut it hence I am now stuck grading HWs for an introductory finite element course...

There are only 2 or 3 kids in our area that throw that hard and they are more than likely either 11 or will be turning 11 shortly. She is playing 10U. She faced one two weekends ago and the other two she hasn't faced yet this year. Those two play for teams which will likely do well at PGF nationals. Now if those kids throw her a good changeup...well she will probably be toast :oops:

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
No her swing is crappy mechanically whether or not she uses a wiffle ball bat or a telephone poll ;). She gets away with it for now because of how athletic she is and how much time we have spent hitting. She is all muscle, she has a six pack and yesterday had the best shuttle run time in her school (up to 5th grade), boys or girls, as a third grader. I was the same way (minus the six pack..that only came after I decided to not eat like crap all the time.. I was a big fan of sugar daddy's after school...yum)...at some point being athletic as heck doesn't cut it hence I am now stuck grading HWs for an introductory finite element course...
Maybe you should of studied statistics as well... I will take a wild guess here and say your DD is well above average and every other girl her age and maybe 2 years older when comes to speed and strength. She would be an exception..
..so looks like you will be dishing out $300 in the next year, LOL. Congrats Core, pattar will be a regular customer!

Jun 8, 2016
Maybe you should of studied statistics as well... I will take a wild guess here and say your DD is well above average and every other girl her age and maybe 2 years older when comes to speed and strength. She would be an exception..
..so looks like you will be dishing out $300 in the next year, LOL. Congrats Core, pattar will be a regular customer!
I haven't paid more than $200 dollars for a bat yet..I refuse to pay $300+ for a bat for a 9 YO girl when the combined cost of all the bats I had from the age of 7 till 22 was probably about 500 bucks :D

I don't disagree that she is a very good athlete but unless she decides to run track in college like her mother, that won't be enough (don't tell her mother I said that because she gets pissed every time I say that track requires very little skill compared to softball/basketball).

Mar 13, 2010
I might have to have a look at the bats if they come to Aus! The Ghost is $500 here so hoping not as expensive. Scoring for a men’s team in my off season to get paid for a new bat 😂

May 12, 2016
I haven't paid more than $200 dollars for a bat yet..I refuse to pay $300+ for a bat for a 9 YO girl when the combined cost of all the bats I had from the age of 7 till 22 was probably about 500 bucks :D

I don't disagree that she is a very good athlete but unless she decides to run track in college like her mother, that won't be enough (don't tell her mother I said that because she gets pissed every time I say that track requires very little skill compared to softball/basketball).
LOL.. you actually had your own bat, I had to use a team bat, :). Hockey was/is way too expensive.. no money for softball.. Yes I played softball, not baseball.

LOL, love your statement about track, don't piss off the wife pattar.

Jun 8, 2016
LOL.. you actually had your own bat, I had to use a team bat, :). Hockey was/is way too expensive.. no money for softball.. Yes I played softball, not baseball.

LOL, love your statement about track, don't piss off the wife pattar.
We had team bats in LL and I think one of them was actually mine..we actually had team helments as well which has always grossed out my wife.

When we were first dating in college, I actually told her track wasn't a sport. At that point she took my baseball cap off my head and preceded to throw it up on a roof of a building and then didn't talk to me for 3 days. As you can see I have tempered my comments about track at this point but still haven't fully learned my lesson.

May 12, 2016
We had team bats in LL and I think one of them was actually mine..we actually had team helments as well which has always grossed out my wife.

When we were first dating in college, I actually told her track wasn't a sport. At that point she took my baseball cap off my head and preceded to throw it up on a roof of a building and then didn't talk to me for 3 days. As you can see I have tempered my comments about track at this point but still haven't fully learned my lesson.
You knew your wife in LL, Geez pattar how can anybody put up with you that long, :)

Jun 8, 2016
You knew your wife in LL, Geez pattar how can anybody put up with you that long, :)
"When we were first dating in college"
We actually dated for 10 years before we got married 3 years of college, 6 years of grad school and 1 year of post-doc. I had no money to buy a ring...

May 12, 2016
"When we were first dating in college"
We actually dated for 10 years before we got married 3 years of college, 6 years of grad school and 1 year of post-doc. I had no money to buy a ring...

Very similar relationship that I had with my wife

Ok Core I hijacked your thread long enough, back to the Power Carbons.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom