Power Carbons ARE HERE!!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Originally from Newfoundland. Played our high school provincials in September with aluminum bats with the occasional flurry falling. Take one off the hands below 0 with an aluminum bat, lots of fun.
Yes, I played some HS games in March and April with flurries although I seemed to have blanked out any memories of hitting in those games for some reason.

May 12, 2016
I have a feeling it isn't gonna matter...haha
Really? What exactly are you implying Core? I can't help it, just posting an honest review. I am sorry it's not all butterflies and rainbows. We had it at the field yesterday... and I was being gentle with my review, but to be honest, it sucked. My DD's hands were stinging so bad she said she didn't want to swing it anymore, and that's the first time that's ever happened and that's including all the old 1 piece bats. She did mishit a couple and she squared up a couple really well.... same result, hand sting and vibration. That's why i picked it up and it a couple of fungos, same thing, hands stinging and vibrations. Maybe it's the cool weather, giving it the benefit of the doubt. Will post again after we get a few hits on it and the weather warms up.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I don't know why you got all defensive about it, just said I have a feeling its not gonna change. Track record isn't very good with
new bats and if you think a bat is vibrating too much, that's something that isn't just gonna disappear.

You can vent as much as you want. Did you think maybe there is an issue with it right from the store considering
not many people have felt any vibration?...no...you just think it sucks. Did you call Mizuno?
Sh!t happens, may have come off the line a little "off"

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
I don't know why you got all defensive about it, just said I have a feeling its not gonna change. Track record isn't very good with
new bats and if you think a bat is vibrating too much, that's something that isn't just gonna disappear.

You can vent as much as you want. Did you think maybe there is an issue with it right from the store considering
not many people have felt any vibration?...no...you just think it sucks. Did you call Mizuno?
I felt your comments were a little snide and underminding, and I don't have a lot of patience for that type of BS.
Just opened a ticket with Mizuno, they responded super fast. I was going to post a negative review, but considering what everybody have been saying I don't really think that's fair, especially for a brand that has been struggling in the fastpitch market. Like I said, maybe I have a lemon

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
If I felt a bat vibrate like you said it did. I would have prob assumed right away something was wrong and called
Mizuno right away as bats aren't made to rattle hands as much as you describe. Obviously on mishits, you will feel something,
but to the degree you said...no it shouldn't. And your review was pretty negative considering there is prob a structural issue.
Im glad Miz was fast and hope your next one comes in better for a more legit review

And I have little patience as well for some things as I hear it all day.

N2U

Sep 9, 2016
Anyone got a video showing the sound?

Core are you able to advise the model number? Shop here can price me one up but need that for obvious reasons.

Please see the following link for sound @ the 1hr 15min mark my daughter (12u 5th grade) hits a shot to the OF using a 32 -9 Power Carbon F19 model

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
If I felt a bat vibrate like you said it did. I would have prob assumed right away something was wrong and called
Mizuno right away as bats aren't made to rattle hands as much as you describe. Obviously on mishits, you will feel something,
but to the degree you said...no it shouldn't. And your review was pretty negative considering there is prob a structural issue.
Im glad Miz was fast and hope your next one comes in better for a more legit review

And I have little patience as well for some things as I hear it all day.
I understand it happens to all the brands, but of course a brand new bat should not have this kind of structural integrity issue. So it's definitely not going to be a positive review, :)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I understand it happens to all the brands, but of course a brand new bat should not have this kind of structural integrity issue. So it's definitely not going to be a positive review, :)

Actually, new bats are where you should expect the issues. As I try to explain to people, bats come off a line...one TINY
little thing that is "off" on one, and the bat is fubar'd. And of course, nobody will ever know until it gets in someone's
hands.

But I do understand, you get a new bat and want it to be perfect, when you get a "bad" one, it does suck. Its a let down
as anticipation was so high to hit the sh!t out of a new toy and now you cant. And believe me, I am fully aware I am
more understanding of this than the buyers are as they just shelled out money for a new bat. But its just like any
manufactured product...gonna have bad ones...and it wont be one, it will be a few.

May 12, 2016
Actually, new bats are where you should expect the issues. As I try to explain to people, bats come off a line...one TINY
little thing that is "off" on one, and the bat is fubar'd. And of course, nobody will ever know until it gets in someone's
hands.

But I do understand, you get a new bat and want it to be perfect, when you get a "bad" one, it does suck. Its a let down
as anticipation was so high to hit the sh!t out of a new toy and now you cant. And believe me, I am fully aware I am
more understanding of this than the buyers are as they just shelled out money for a new bat. But its just like any
manufactured product...gonna have bad ones...and it wont be one, it will be a few.
That's understandable

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee