Power Carbons ARE HERE!!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
In a regular conversation between people, it wanders and weaves and that’s what makes it a “conversation” not a “meeting”, lol

I personally love topic drift and side info on the posts. It’s interesting.

Jun 8, 2016
Well to keep it on topic, I could have told you instead that my wife threw my Mizuno baseball bat on top of the roof instead of my hat but that would have been a lie..although I think she may have kicked my college bat (which was an Easton, not a Mizuno) a few times after I made fun of track...

Mar 27, 2019
Got The Power Carbon in from Core, yesterday, here in Az! Took it out for some BP and comparison. Out of the wrapper my 13 year old showed anywhere between 5 to 10 feet different on hits comparable to the Quattro. Not in the same park compared to the Demarini CF Zen (drop 11, still new). Very pleased with the Mizuno out of the wrapper. DD has a game tonight, so we shall see in a live game. Very please with Core and his knowledge. Was awesome to talk to, even though we had never met. Talked me in and out of bats for my DD and kept me in mind when they came in. Thank you for your help! (Like father, like daughter. May have a slight bat problem!)

May 19, 2016
View attachment 14051
Got The Power Carbon in from Core, yesterday, here in Az! Took it out for some BP and comparison. Out of the wrapper my 13 year old showed anywhere between 5 to 10 feet different on hits comparable to the Quattro. Not in the same park compared to the Demarini CF Zen (drop 11, still new). Very pleased with the Mizuno out of the wrapper. DD has a game tonight, so we shall see in a live game. Very please with Core and his knowledge. Was awesome to talk to, even though we had never met. Talked me in and out of bats for my DD and kept me in mind when they came in. Thank you for your help! (Like father, like daughter. May have a slight bat problem!)
So the Zen out hit the PC?

May 19, 2016
We had team bats in LL and I think one of them was actually mine..we actually had team helments as well which has always grossed out my wife.

When we were first dating in college, I actually told her track wasn't a sport. At that point she took my baseball cap off my head and preceded to throw it up on a roof of a building and then didn't talk to me for 3 days. As you can see I have tempered my comments about track at this point but still haven't fully learned my lesson.
We had team helmets too.....didn’t think anything about it then but now I won’t even let my daughter share her helmet. Had my own bat though. Coach always has a bag full of them but I had to have my trusty boom stick.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Has anyone ever purchased the bat digest spreadsheet? If so, what is the consensus on results? I have and it has 10 bats tested by 10 avg swing speed hitters and 7 "power" (higher swing speed) hitters. You can endlessly debate the testing protocol but ghost ASA tested highest on avg hitter, not tested by power hitter. Interestingly, Mizuno carbon tested higher than power carbon. The spread between bats for the power hitter was tighter than average hitter. Mizunos ranked well, surrounded by the usuals, CF ZEN, LXT, XENO, etc.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802