Power Carbon

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
So my DD's have two of the older model PC's. One is a couple years older and has a lot more swings on it. They typically share their bats whether it's home here for practice or at college in games and I thought were using the older bat prinarily for practice and the newer one for games. I discovered this Spring that one DD was using the new bat in games and the other was using the old one. As a Dad I said hey - you should both be using the newer Mizuno in games. So, my DD who had been using the older bat starts swinging the newer one and actually begins hitting better overall than she was earlier in the season. Meanwhile, the other DD who had been working really hard to break out of a hitting slump changes things. Unbeknownst to me she switched to the old bat for their first game of post season tourney play and don't you know....Homered. Her superstitious nature just got stronger!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Did you give Jobu a shot before the game? :)
Jobu no....Dad, yes.

Superstitions have not been lost on my girls. Their first 10U Comp Coach started this whole "Blessing of the Bat" ceremony with my girls and of course we carry on that tradition! I think I sent you a video of one or two of them in the past?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
And yes, there will be a new 2023 Carbon2 back in the Mizuno lineup

So you will have the Power Carbon, Carbon2 and Carbon1...NO Ti anymore

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Some dont like the inner tech. The Carbon2 is almost like a CF bat. Very soft and Flexy...no loud noise
Mizuno had a Carbon2 years ago but phased it out because the PC sold the most. And to be honest,
the Carbon2 took longer to break in because there is no inner tech to keep the bat from getting too good,
so the composite is thicker. The PC was hotter, faster...thats what people want.

Kinda waiting to see it this Saturday and talk to Mizuno

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2014
USA
Some dont like the inner tech. The Carbon2 is almost like a CF bat. Very soft and Flexy...no loud noise
Mizuno had a Carbon2 years ago but phased it out because the PC sold the most.

Kinda waiting to see it this Saturday and talk to Mizuno
C'mom, tell the Mizuno rep you need a couple demos to send out West and be tested at altitude ;-)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478