Power Carbon

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 18, 2016
My oldest DD swings a Ghost and she's broken a few. had a couple of replacements but I'd like to see about having her check out a Power Carbon. Would be interested in a gently used 33/23.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Pay attention to bat weights of what she's been swinging vs what the same "size" bat will be. We went with a drop 9 (33/24) PC that was more similar in weight to the Ghosts (that we broke).

Feb 12, 2014
My advice is this - If she's been swinging a -10 Ghost then go with a -9 PC. And, buy the PC from Core - great deal on a great bat.

DD is going to a LS school in the fall and she's going to miss her PC big time.

Jun 27, 2018
Last year I bought a Ghost from Core and a PC for a back up. The PC is now the go to and the Ghost is the back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 24, 2016
We just received our 33/24 -9 from @CoreSoftball20 (sweet deal THANK YOU!!) Tuesday 6/2/2021. The DD and I wanted a cage bat that could have the potential of replacing the Ghosts (both dual stamp and advanced). Definitely go with a -9 PC if your daughter is swinging a ghost as they will be very similar in swing weight. First impression is that the PC is definitely not as hot out of the wrapper as the well broken in GA (4 weeks old and already cracking). Put about 100 swings on the PC last night it and it was definitely improving. The only negative the DD really said last night is the handle feels smaller in diameter than the ghost(lizard skin here we come). She liked the way it swung but wasn’t too thrilled with the results yet. 2 buckets of front toss and the best she could do was a few single hops to the fence. It seems at this point that mishits with the PC (worse) do not have the same results as mishits with the GA (better). She finished off the night with a bucket with the GA with 4 over the fence and several off the fence. We will keep working on the PC and see if we cannot increase the performance of the PC with a couple hundred front toss swings.

Side note- she did hit a laser off the end of the bat (last 2 inches) to right field with little effort with the PC. That portion of the bat seemed hotter than the sweet spot?🤷‍♂️

Apr 8, 2019
Pay attention to bat weights of what she's been swinging vs what the same "size" bat will be. We went with a drop 9 (33/24) PC that was more similar in weight to the Ghosts (that we broke)
I ordered a PC to replace a RXT 32/22. Because of your comment I went with a PC 32/23 in hopes of it being close in weight. I just received the PC today and the weights for both bats at exactly 23 oz.

Jan 22, 2011
I bought a Power Carbon for my daughter from Core last spring as a backup bat and she basically hits as well with the Power Carbon as she does with her Ghost.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee