Power Carbon updates?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Update on the PC 33/24....so DD(s) have been hitting with the warranty replacement Power Carbon F20 for over a week now. The bat is at least a hot as last year's model (the F19) and of course we re hoping it's more stable/durable (it get's a LOT of use between both girls) and lasts a little longer. It performed well at a tourney this weekend with a couple HR's and a bunch of hard hit line drives....the girls are happy with it. Haven't gone out with the Pocket Radar to measure exit speeds or done a distance hitting comparison test with the other bats in the bag (as we did with the F19) yet but it seems to have the same "hotness". It's certainly not everyone's favorite bat but it's working for my kids right now.

I did notice a kid on another team at the tourney this weekend swinging another Mizuno (yes they are still rare! Didn't get a great look at it but it was either a Titanium or a Carbon 1.

Last edited:

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
*UPDATE* I went out with one of my travel ball teammates earlier this afternoon and we had our own little BP sesh. I also finally got my hands on her new power carbon. We got to the batting cages and got a bunch of tokens since we were going to be there for a little while. I swung my new Carbon Candy while she took some hacks with her new Power Carbon. I was getting some good rips with my new toy but it looked like she was just launching and slaughtering balls with the power carbon. We swung our various bats we had with us but she wanted to try my carbon candy while I wanted to try her power carbon.

I don't know if it's just the kind of bat it is or the fact the bat she bought was a -9 or the fact I'm just used to swinging bats that are a -10...but...her power carbon felt totally different in my hands than my carbon candy and ghost. It felt heavier in my hands and more off balanced than what I'm used to (plus her bat could have been more front-loaded). She was swinging a 33/24 bat and it just felt totally different. I'm swinging this bat and all I'm managing to do is hit ground balls and if I didn't get the sweet spot, my hands would sting although I wore batting gloves. Also, the feedback I was getting was telling me what I needed to do differently. As a hitter, I like that it tells me where I need to work on my swing. As I started to hit fewer ground balls, I started noticing my hands didn't sting as much. I also noticed when I started launching more balls, the sound coming off of the bat was a lot better and sounded more like a wood bat and what I'd hear going to Citizen's Bank Park to watch the Phillies and hearing the ball come off of the bat of Bryce Harper or J.T. Realmuto for instance. I actually started falling in love with the bat and would think about getting one of my own. When I swung my carbon candy and my ghost again, I was tearing the leather off of the ball.

Being a certified bat junkie, I feel the want to get a power carbon and a carbon-1, and keeping my yellow ghost and carbon candy as backups.

*UPDATE* I went out with one of my travel ball teammates earlier this afternoon and we had our own little BP sesh. I also finally got my hands on her new power carbon. We got to the batting cages and got a bunch of tokens since we were going to be there for a little while. I swung my new Carbon Candy while she took some hacks with her new Power Carbon. I was getting some good rips with my new toy but it looked like she was just launching and slaughtering balls with the power carbon. We swung our various bats we had with us but she wanted to try my carbon candy while I wanted to try her power carbon.

I don't know if it's just the kind of bat it is or the fact the bat she bought was a -9 or the fact I'm just used to swinging bats that are a -10...but...her power carbon felt totally different in my hands than my carbon candy and ghost. It felt heavier in my hands and more off balanced than what I'm used to (plus her bat could have been more front-loaded). She was swinging a 33/24 bat and it just felt totally different. I'm swinging this bat and all I'm managing to do is hit ground balls and if I didn't get the sweet spot, my hands would sting although I wore batting gloves. Also, the feedback I was getting was telling me what I needed to do differently. As a hitter, I like that it tells me where I need to work on my swing. As I started to hit fewer ground balls, I started noticing my hands didn't sting as much. I also noticed when I started launching more balls, the sound coming off of the bat was a lot better and sounded more like a wood bat and what I'd hear going to Citizen's Bank Park to watch the Phillies and hearing the ball come off of the bat of Bryce Harper or J.T. Realmuto for instance. I actually started falling in love with the bat and would think about getting one of my own. When I swung my carbon candy and my ghost again, I was tearing the leather off of the ball.

Being a certified bat junkie, I feel the want to get a power carbon and a carbon-1, and keeping my yellow ghost and carbon candy as backups.

The PC that my daughter has swung sure didn't sound like a wood bat to me. It sounds like a Xeno to us. As far as exit speeds, she was getting around the same speeds as her Ghosts. She describes the PC as smooth. She loves the way the Ghost sounds though. This is from a smallish 13 year old.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
The PC that my daughter has swung sure didn't sound like a wood bat to me. It sounds like a Xeno to us. As far as exit speeds, she was getting around the same speeds as her Ghosts. She describes the PC as smooth. She loves the way the Ghost sounds though. This is from a smallish 13 year old.

I know that pc had a great sound when it connected with a ball and I fell in love with the bat. I don't know what my exit velocity was using it but it felt like I was hitting balls like with my ghost. I also love my ghost and it's my go-to bat. What model ghost does your daughter use? I have the yellow one.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Any feedback on the -11's? My DD loves the -11 Demarini's, as they have large barrels and the ball comes off the bat hard. However, they seem to break like tooth picks.

Don't say that, only Ghosts ever broke if you listen to people on forums :)

The drop11 Ghost is the exact same bat as the drop10 tech wise. BUT, barrels are smaller and they were overweight.
So maybe thats why you may think performance was different.

CFs and PCs have the bigger drop11 barrels out there

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
There is a def a little learning curve with diff bats Gabby...each manufacturer has their own feel. If you get
used to a Demarini, you def will need a few swings to get the feeling of a Ghost or PC and vice versa.

I know that pc had a great sound when it connected with a ball and I fell in love with the bat. I don't know what my exit velocity was using it but it felt like I was hitting balls like with my ghost. I also love my ghost and it's my go-to bat. What model ghost does your daughter use? I have the yellow one.

She has the yellow one and the blue. She’ll tell you that to her it looks like the PC hits harder than the yellow one but isn’t so sure about the blue one. That’s her baby. She says she gets a little more feedback on Miss hits with the PC but not bad.

A little side note, she had a replacement ghost sent a little before the one year warranty expired. Well last week for whatever reason she took a inside pitch off the rubber piece on the bat and it snapped it off,smdh. I called Easton, they were great. A month out of warranty and they’re replacing the bat. And paying for the shipping. Sure didn’t expect that. You can’t beat that! .....bet ya that other big Corp. wouldn’t have done that!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Very nice there TL...awesome when you get a great CS person.

I love when people try not to admit what happens to bats...had someone text me about a split rubber piece
and he was like, I don't know how that happened, it just broke. I joke around and say she has to get the bat around faster on
inside pitches :)

May 12, 2015
so on the 2020 vs 2019 discussion, i was looking at the bat weight database and the 2020's definitely appear to be running heavier.. my understanding was that it was the same bat new color and that now appears to not be the case.. any insight anyone. maybe lead paint (jk)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802