Power Carbon updates?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
Hahaha, nice. Again, the PC is the sleeper that nobody wants to use because its not the "household" name. When we did demos, kids hit them better than their gamers, but
it was a Mizuno so yuk...I don't see them on TV :)

The kids that don't care about "name", are swinging one of the best bats in the game
Actually Core I am seeing them on TV. James Madison is swinging Mizuno and a couple of other teams that I can’t renember.
I will say I don’t really hear commentators commenting on what bats are being used. You would think they would want to be the first to point out new 2020 bats being used.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
There are a few pretty good teams doing Mizuno...I posted a few pics in this thread that my buddy sent me because
everybody knows I cant do that stuff...haha. Most of the "TV teams" are digging the Carbon1 and then the rest doing the PC.

I don't know with the commentators, I don't know if they are told to leave brand comments out of a broadcast. Lets say Easton
is throwing money towards a broadcast and neither team is Easton sponsored. Dont think they want announcers calling
brand names all game of another brand...same goes for LS, Miz, Demar or whatever.

Also, Think it would really cheapen a game and sound like crap to have those folks throwing out bat names when
somebody comes to the plate. Here steps so and so with her 2020 so and so...haha. Plus, A LOT of players don't change bats, so you would have the commentators bringing up old bats, not the new ones. That would be like MLB announcers doing it...here steps Bryce Harper with his Marucci.
It would be more tacky than anything. I am perfectly fine with them not doing that :)

And lets not leave out that some announcers wouldn't know anything about the bats.

Apr 28, 2019
Hahaha, nice. Again, the PC is the sleeper that nobody wants to use because its not the "household" name. When we did demos, kids hit them better than their gamers, but
it was a Mizuno so yuk...I don't see them on TV :)

The kids that don't care about "name", are swinging one of the best bats in the game
Core- Can you explain to me why the PC is better than Nighthawk or Mizuno Ghost? They all use the same exact black onyx carbon correct? There doesn’t seem to be any breakthrough tech here.

Apr 28, 2019
There are a few pretty good teams doing Mizuno...I posted a few pics in this thread that my buddy sent me because
everybody knows I cant do that stuff...haha. Most of the "TV teams" are digging the Carbon1 and then the rest doing the PC.

I don't know with the commentators, I don't know if they are told to leave brand comments out of a broadcast. Lets say Easton
is throwing money towards a broadcast and neither team is Easton sponsored. Dont think they want announcers calling
brand names all game of another brand...same goes for LS, Miz, Demar or whatever.

Also, Think it would really cheapen a game and sound like crap to have those folks throwing out bat names when
somebody comes to the plate. Here steps so and so with her 2020 so and so...haha. Plus, A LOT of players don't change bats, so you would have the commentators bringing up old bats, not the new ones. That would be like MLB announcers doing it...here steps Bryce Harper with his Marucci.
It would be more tacky than anything. I am perfectly fine with them not doing that :)

And lets not leave out that some announcers wouldn't know anything about the bats.
I for one look to see what the best players are swinging. Especially team USA where it seems the ladies can use whatever bats they choose. I understand colleges are tied to a contract.
I’m not saying the announcers should push any brand just maybe point out new equipment and talk about any new tech being used.
But yes I see what your saying many college players using bats from 2015-2017.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I think most people here on dfp that watch games look at the equipment as well. Kind of second nature
for a lot of folks. And most would know more than the announcers...hahaha. I def wouldn't expect announcers
to keep up with tech of bats.

Apr 28, 2019
I think most people here on dfp that watch games look at the equipment as well. Kind of second nature
for a lot of folks. And most would know more than the announcers...hahaha. I def wouldn't expect announcers
to keep up with tech of bats.
Really? Being many of the announcers are former players and I’m sure give lessons of some kind during their “off air” time I would think it would be beneficial for them to keep up with the latest tech/trends/equipment etc...
Someone like say Amanda Scarborough who travels the country with a team of trainers.
Do you have a 2020 Power Carbon Demo 32” 21oz? I would love to compare PC to our stable of current bats.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I meant the play by play guys that do all the announcing...not the color folks that are usually
the ex players/coaches or whatever else. They could still keep up, I have no idea if they do or not,
and who does to be honest.
I would not wanna hear the announcers doing any tech/bat talk.

Again, think it may be brand/money related as I never hear anything said about bats.

Apr 28, 2019
I meant the play by play guys that do all the announcing...not the color folks that are usually
the ex players/coaches or whatever else. They could still keep up, I have no idea if they do or not,
and who does to be honest.
I would not wanna hear the announcers doing any tech/bat talk.

Again, think it may be brand/money related as I never hear anything said about bats.
I gotcha. I personally want to hear as much about the game as possible. New recruits coming in, who’s graduating, transferring, girls trying out for Team USA. Also any tech/trends new to the game. I don’t care who went out for ice cream or who supports what charity to be honest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802