Power Carbon updates?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 2, 2013
Very unofficial and barely scientific results but I finally got a chance to measure exit speeds with the new PC.

DD has been swinging a 33/23 Ghost for about a year and loves the bat. I bought her a 33/24 PC to try out. The first time she swung it in the cages she did not like it. I wasn't there the second time but her and a dad who watched her hit said she hit much better so I decided to get the Pocket Radar out.

I checked exit speeds on a full bucket of balls off of a tee with the blue ghost vs the PC and I was surprised by the results. Not all of the balls are in great shape so raw numbers don't mean much but her exit speeds were consistently 2-4 mph higher with the PC. Even when I thought the ball came off of the ghost really well it still measured slower. Take it for what it's worth but DD will probably swing the PC in her tourney this weekend and see how it goes.

We will still buy the new Ghost when it comes out though. In the name of science of course.

Mar 7, 2016
Very unofficial and barely scientific results but I finally got a chance to measure exit speeds with the new PC.

DD has been swinging a 33/23 Ghost for about a year and loves the bat. I bought her a 33/24 PC to try out. The first time she swung it in the cages she did not like it. I wasn't there the second time but her and a dad who watched her hit said she hit much better so I decided to get the Pocket Radar out.

I checked exit speeds on a full bucket of balls off of a tee with the blue ghost vs the PC and I was surprised by the results. Not all of the balls are in great shape so raw numbers don't mean much but her exit speeds were consistently 2-4 mph higher with the PC. Even when I thought the ball came off of the ghost really well it still measured slower. Take it for what it's worth but DD will probably swing the PC in her tourney this weekend and see how it goes.

We will still buy the new Ghost when it comes out though. In the name of science of course.

what were you seeing for speeds? We measured all of our team bats for a second yr 12u. LXTS, zenos, CF's, blue/gold ghosts. Had ranges from 51-67mph based on the player im interested to here the speeds.

Feb 12, 2014
DD got a 34/25 F19 PC via Core back in early February. She really likes the bat and has been using it exclusively over a 34/24 Xeno and 34/24 ASA Ghost that she has in her bag since the weather has warmed up. I did not allow her to use the PC outdoors when the weather was cold.

In her game last night, it cracked big time. Bats break. She takes a ton of swings in a week, so breaking a bat is not a new thing for us. However, this is really only with about a month to a month and a half of use. Also, another girl on DD's travel team is on her 3rd PC in pretty much the same time frame. So, I'd probably drop my rating from 5 stars to 4.5 stars and hope the F20 is a bit more durable.

Mizuno customer service has been great. Replied to my RMA request in under an hour and will ship as soon as I can get the current bat shipped out to them. Mizuno is replacing the F19 with an F20 which helps ease the pain a bit. We have already ordered a new PC from Core and the warranty replacement will serve as a back up bat for the time being.

Attachments

• IMG_2875.jpg
    IMG_2875.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 78

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I have had a couple F19s break from my sales sorta early, but not too many. I attribute it to a new model and sh!t happens unfortunately when a new product is produced.

As long as its taken care of, that's the important thing

Feb 12, 2014
I have had a couple F19s break from my sales sorta early, but not too many. I attribute it to a new model and sh!t happens unfortunately when a new product is produced.

As long as its taken care of, that's the important thing

No doubt. She works her bats hard and this one is no exception. She was a fairly early Ghost adopter and we never had a problem when many others did, so we were due. Just kicking myself for not getting with you a couple weeks ago to have a back up on hand when I first thought about it. Lesson learned - when she loves a bat, buy two!

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
DD put a P5 committed pitcher over a 200' fence in our HS districts on Monday. Ball didn't get much above 10' in height on the way out.

Got nothing scientific comparing bats or anything - DD has hit a lot of home runs the past couple of years - but DD loves it and her old bats are not being used anymore.

Sep 30, 2013
Northwest, IN
HS player of mine had a Rawlings Quattro Pro that broke couple weeks ago. Told her she could use the PC F20 I had. Has since hit a bomb and lots of lazer beams with the PC. She won't turn back now, and loves the F20 PC.

May 12, 2016
Update, DD got her new PC 20.. looking good so far, lots or pop and laser beam hits in her tournament this weekend

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Without a doubt in my mind the PC was hitting better (farther and faster) than my DD's Ghost. This was verified repeatedly by Pocket Radar off the tee as well as average distance over the fence. They hit back to back using the PC 33/24 vs a 33/23 Ghost (blue), a 34/24 Ghost (blue), a DeMarini CFX 34/24 and a Easton Mako 33/23. The swing feel according to the girls was "better" according to the girls also.

The PC busted on Friday and will be getting sent in for replacement today. A little disappointed that it let go already (approx 3 mo) and that there's only one replacement for it under warranty...hopefully the replacement lasts a little longer. Our experience with the blue Ghost was that it lasted a little longer but failed shortly after the warranty expired so we didn't even get one replacement in that case. Your mileage may vary......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802