Power Carbon updates?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
How the Mizuno Power Carbon F19 is helping my DD hit better.

So my kid loves the Xeno. Great bat, love it but its just reaching the end of it's life.
We got the Mizuno Power Carbon F19,-10.

She hated the bat at first because it gives immediate feedback if you don't hit the ball in the sweet spot. (just like a wooden bat the sweet spot is on the smallish side)

The Xeno and others mask the swings that aren't ideal and she doesn't know she isn't hitting her spots.

Fast forward about 3 batting sessions in and the bat is helping her fine tune her swing with the feedback it's providing her.

Helping her with timing. Swinging to soon ball hits slightly towards the end of the bat (instant feedback) Inside pitch to late getting in on the handle side of the bats sweet spot. (instant feedback) The Xeno doesn't do this as the sweet spot is anywhere except cap and handle. No feedback and feels like any swing she takes good or bad- timing wise.

The old adage "its the Indian, not the arrow" is always true but in this case the bat (her new arrow) is making her a bit better.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I absolutely believe in this.

Feb 3, 2016
Hence why the Carbon1 doesn't get love...kids don't like the feedback.

I actually don't really feel the PC much
Nobody likes hearing their doing something wrong or not as good as the should be. I have a 31" wood bat that she'd train with on occasion and I could see it helped her but as soon as we went to a composite bat she lost that "feel" when hitting with it.

I had several conversations with DD about the new bat and told her to use this feedback to her advantage and that the ball will travel just as far or be equal when mis-hitting with any bat.
Now the bat helps her get the ball deeper because of the feel on the timing of the swing.

Form, timing, bat speed, location.

Form-check, bat speed-check, location- good, not great, the last piece my kid needs TIMING! < she turned to the left side exclusively last March. Last piece of the puzzle that was missing or needed the most help.
She never needed timing help from the right side. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2019
We have not been able to use this in a game yet but in practice she loves it. I think it is helping her with timing for sure and her coach has mentioned she is hitting better. Will definitely update after her first game. I will say, it has a different sound almost like her old LXT but louder. It gets her looked at during practice with the sound alone.

May 19, 2016
Finally pulled the trigger
Bat is on its way
30/19 for my 10u dd
Only $220 from a store in mentor Ohio spc sports
Core didn’t have any -11

So you are the guy who got the last one before I could pull the trigger. I was telling Core about that when I went back to the site......out of stock. Lok

Feb 26, 2019
Actually they called me after I bought it online and said they sold more than they had
They refunded my cc
I did get the last one direct sports had
Should arrive on Monday

Jun 24, 2016
Same here. I missed out on Core’s last 32/21 (my fault) and then I ordered one from SPC. I also got an email saying they sold out after I paid. Ended up getting one from some sporting goods store in Canada. Bat is awesome. Next time I won’t drag my feet...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28