Power Carbon Feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 1, 2019
As we head into the full swing of fall ball. Any F20 PC feedback from users?

Personally to this point my DD has had inconsistent results. Not totally sure why--if it's the bat or her swing...

Any others out there with real world review of bat?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
There may be a thread already in here

Inconsistency means that at times she hits well with it, which tells me its not the bat. Maybe
that she isnt liking the weighting or size or whatnot as opposed to a diff type feel of bat. Or maybe
she just isnt squaring up balls well thus far.

Try a couple teammates bats to see if she hits a certain one better.

Last edited:
May 1, 2019
Thanks @Core.

Think it may be weight. It's a -11 & swung a teammate's -10 Xeno much better last practice. Consistent hits to point of complement from Coach to me after practice

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I currently use the Power Carbon and I love the bat. I swing a 33/24 -9 bat. It took me a little bit to get used to the bat since it's a drop 9 and the bat is front-loaded. The bat does give feedback which a lot of hitters I have heard don't like about the bat...but I like it because it gives me something I need to work on with my swing. But I also like switching back and forth between my Power Carbon and my 34/24 Ghost to good results. If your daughter decides to get a Power Carbon, it will take a little bit to get used to it. But the bat is great once your used to it.

panthadad2

fastpitch pops
Jun 27, 2017
18-year old DD loves her F19 power carbon 33/-10. I don't think there are any physical changes for the F20. She likes the balance and sound, and she feels it provides the best pop off the sweet spot with an average swing out of all her bats (Ghost, 2 LXTs, Xeno, Quattro Pro, Mako, Stealth). Her comment to me was that she thinks she could hit to or over the fence with almost any decent swing off the sweet spot while swings with the LXT or Ghost need more effort. That might be a weighting issue because her -10 Ghost and -9 LXT are heavier.

It does provide more feedback on the hands than most of her other bats when I swing it (especially the LXTs) but she says she doesn't usually notice it. When I swing it, I agree that it has a great sweet spot. When hitting off the far outer or inner part of the barrel, the LXT and Ghost feel better (less feedback), but I'm not sure whether the actual performance is any different.

Apr 28, 2019
As we head into the full swing of fall ball. Any F20 PC feedback from users?

Personally to this point my DD has had inconsistent results. Not totally sure why--if it's the bat or her swing...

Any others out there with real world review of bat?
It sounds like Xeno is the bat for your daughter. Why even bother with another PC. I can see trying the Carbon 1 if you already have it but one piece bats generally give more negative feedback.
The knock on the PC ‘s 19/20 from the reviews I have read is it wrings/stings your hands especially on off center hits. I would suspect that most younger hitters don’t like bat sting. I know mine don’t. Some older hitters have commented they use the sting to adjust/improve swing.
If I’m swinging a bat and it consistently stings it’s coming out of my bag and not going to be used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom