Power Carbon F21

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Thank you GR :)

That wasnt meant at anybody...just think people dont think Im actually serious when
I ask them to text me how they like stuff after they buy...haha

Jun 27, 2018
Oh I know...I just wanted to let you know. For what it’s worth....She wouldn’t put the Ghost down this weekend. She said she will try the PC out in practice for sure. I’m curious about too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 2, 2019
Alright well I’m in. My daughters bat is getting short for her and I’ve been looking for an excuse to try the mizuno So I will be surprising her with a new bat. Core has received some good feedback on this site so contacted him and he had me cracking up on the phone today. I love demarini for their beautiful balance but her current 30/20 zen has just always sounded kind of dead and performed that way too. I’m moving her back to a drop 11 (31/20) and Soon enough we will see if it’s the Indian or the arrow. On the first groundout or pop fly I’m usually hearing from my wife about how I picked out a bad bat for her 😂

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Alright well I’m in. My daughters bat is getting short for her and I’ve been looking for an excuse to try the mizuno So I will be surprising her with a new bat. Core has received some good feedback on this site so contacted him and he had me cracking up on the phone today. I love demarini for their beautiful balance but her current 30/20 zen has just always sounded kind of dead and performed that way too. I’m moving her back to a drop 11 (31/20) and Soon enough we will see if it’s the Indian or the arrow. On the first groundout or pop fly I’m usually hearing from my wife about how I picked out a bad bat for her 😂

Only because work has made me insane lately :)

But we all know, its always the arrow...but most of the time its not from the wife...hahaha

Jun 2, 2019
I committed to following up with some more detailed feedback on this bat. For reference my daughter is 12 and small for her age (unlike the rest of you guys - geez what are you feeding your adult-sized kids!) - just under 5' and about 85 lbs. She is a contact hitter and plays mostly big city rec ball in part due to time constraints (she also plays high-level tournament tennis and sometimes club volleyball). She has also played all star and mid-to-lower level travel at various times.

This is a review of the Power Carbon F21 31" 20oz (-11) bat. Her last two bats before this were the 2016 29/18 LS Xeno and a 30/20 Demarini Zen.

Appearance/Looks: She liked the looks of the F21 a lot. The new color and scheme looks much more classically cool than previous versions. Neither of us love purple, but the F19 looked sharper than the F20 and I like the F21 better than both. The color changes from Navy Steel blue when viewed straight on to a incandescent purple when viewed from an angle. This was a big step in the right direction Mizuno - let's stay away from the little girl purple. On the negative side, the end cap just looks kind of cheap - may end up functioning just fine. Grade: A

Shape, Weight & Balance
: As you can tell from the pictures, this bat takes a page out of the Demarini playbook with the long, skinny handle leading to abrupt, high-tech CF-style connection with a slightly tapered, long barrel that ends at full diameter with a flat end cap. I have not weighed this bat, but it definitely feels true to sticker and have no reason to doubt our database and it should come in around 20.2 oz. This is a beautifully balanced bat and I'm sure swingweight databases should reflect that. In stepping into this bigger bat my daughter added 1" in bat length and probably about .3 or .4 oz in static weight. I've never seen her swing so fast -- the balance, weight, and dimensions just worked for her. Overall this bat aligns closely with Demarini in this area and contrasts the more traditional shape of Easton and LS. Grade: A

Sound
: This is another strong suit of this bat. Tough to describe sound but it is very crisp and pretty loud. This sounds like a "Thwanngg" as opposed to her broken glass Xeno. Not as loud or head turning as a Xeno, but louder than Demarini. Grade: A

Performance
(Pop/Sweetspot /Feedback): Hot out of wrapper with no discernable break in. Pop off the bat seems better than her Zen and probably not quite as good as her 2016 Xeno. This release touts a larger sweetspot in marketing materials and from what I've seen I don't have a reason to doubt that. Some have noted stinging feedback on off center hits from previous year verions, but neither my daughter nor I have noticed any negative feedback. I joked around about the Indian/Arrow thing, but my daughters hitting stats jumped significantly after switching to the bat mid-season. Won't post them because it was just Rec ball and she might have been streaking, but she faced decent pitching and she posted crazy AVG, QAB, OPS, Slugging, etc... Power stats had the sharpest increase. Grade: B+/A-

Value
: I'll respect Core's approach here and not post specifics, but if you are interested in this bat I would contact him. Great conversation and Mizuno seems motivated to grow market share. When kids are growing fast it's nice to be able to outfit them with a premium bat without breaking the bank Grade: A

Durability
: To Be Determined No Grade

Overall
: This seems to be a great bat that happens to suit my daughter very well, but all swings and athletes are unique. I really can't believe that we don't see more mizunos in softball bags. We have lived in two fastpitch hotbeds, Oklahoma City and Houston, and I can't remember seeing many mizuno bats at all (OKC may be changing with OSU running with Mizuno bats) . Girls tend to run with a herd mentality. For instance, my daughter told me she wanted a ghost. She's never swung one and the specs wouldn't seem to fit her but she wanted a ghost. In limited use with this bat I saw her hit hard line drives and grounders, but she never really got into a good fly ball trajectory. I may change that performance grade with more at bats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12