Posture vs Balance - PCRW

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Tom

http://www.batspeed.com/media/John_CHP.wmv

You keep posting video of that guy. His shoulders are facing first base, relative to the tee.

He is also standing a mile from it.

When he hits the ball he shanks it left from the poor roundhouse swing.

I just dont get it.

A tee set up in the middle - the ball should fly straight

Straightleg

May 12, 2008
Interesting post Mark. Never seen that taught in this area. I don't think we could use our ball on a rope drills and swing like this and hit the ball. What do you think straightleg?

If you are referring to the clip I linked, I see this kind of nonsense taught often. The clip and product comes from a well known batting cage and instructional facility in the Midwest.

May 12, 2008
Tom
You keep posting video of that guy. His shoulders are facing first base, relative to the tee.

He is also standing a mile from it.

When he hits the ball he shanks it left from the poor roundhouse swing.

I just dont get it.

Straightleg

Mankin got some things right as a bit of a pioneer but he missed the boat in my opinion on his top hand torque and now pre-launch torque ideas due to, IMO, not understanding the role of momentum. Though he has deemphasized it he is stuck with it and cannot get loose from the fly paper. A few adherents stick to it with him. Been there, done that, moved on.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Mark, I agree I have seen some strange things taught in the Midwest. I Could list a few myself.that I have ran across even in college camps! You wonder why ? Straightleg, I laughed that is what I was thinking. That ball sure would hurt. I wonder what he would do to us if we took one of these to the garage ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee