Posting photos and video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
We've had a few questions about posting photos and video on the Forum. I know on other Forums you can embed them right into the post.

Marc has been advised that doing so will slow down the Forum, taking longer for posts to load. Since a lot of us sneak on here when we're supposed to be working that's probably not a good idea.

What we're recommending is that you post photos or video on Photobucket (www.photobucket.com) then link from here to there. That will allow you to show what you're talking about rather than simply describe it with words, while still keeping the Forum running smoothly. There is no cost for signing up.

Once you have the photo or video posted, you can use the icon that looks like a yellow square with a couple of triangles in it to create a link.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Jul 17, 2008
Southern California
You should be able to post your photos and video right into the page by embedding them.
Why would you want to send people away from the forum.
It has been my experience that there is no significant slow down with embedded photos and videos.

Just my opinion.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
I agree with Coachmom.

I am a member of quite a few forums and none of them are any slower than this one is.

I say allow it!

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
is there any way i can embed a video from smugmug?? they use very little space. actually, once my video did show up, but i cannot seem to repeat that effort.

can i upload video or giifs from my own computer?

Dang, this is harder than coaching 40 girls.:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28