Possibly looking for a new glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Both my daughters use Mizuno Global Elites, a 12" and a 12.5".. Both are the black FP models. Very nice glove. If your DD plays a lot, just think how many times they will put on a glove? To me, it's worth it to buy good/great stuff if they take care of it.

Ha, and $200 is just the tip of the gigantic iceberg on great softball gear... Good luck

Jul 9, 2012
Just received my daughters custom Gloveworks glove yesterday (12.25"). Very impressed. Quality is top-notch and the price was right. Older daughter is using a 12.5" All-Star Vela...another great glove.
20190410_185343.jpg20190410_185350.jpg20190410_185400.jpg

Oct 18, 2018
Thanks for the feedback. I like the idea of the Mizuno (looks like a steal), but I want her to be able try some on before pulling the trigger. Hopefully I can find a local store that has one to try on. Anyone have opinion with the Nokona brand?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Thanks for the feedback. I like the idea of the Mizuno (looks like a steal), but I want her to be able try some on before pulling the trigger. Hopefully I can find a local store that has one to try on. Anyone have opinion with the Nokona brand?

Justballgloves.com has an extremely generous return policy. In the past, I've purchased multiple gloves, and sent back the ones my DD didn't like.

My DD has not yet met a Nokona she has liked (feels the same about Wilson, too). That said, Nokona's are well-made gloves, but tend to be on the heavy side.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
@Eric F Stab me in the gut!! I'm a huge fan of nokona, DD#1 has an amazing custom FP catchers mitt. Before that she used an off the shelf Nokona X2. I have the X2 utility 12", my 7yo son has the Nokona S100?? But I can see how it doesn't gel with some.

Regarding Nokona, the fielders gloves can be found light-ish... Eric is right, they take a long time to break in and are sturdy. I'm a sucker for made in the usa and the longevity of the gloves. I recently sent in a glove to the factory, theu completely refurbished it with new felt, structure, thumb and pinky loops, new palm lining, etc. Just came back perfect. I now am using it as my catchers glove and couldn't be happier

May 24, 2013
So Cal
@Eric F Stab me in the gut!! I'm a huge fan of nokona, DD#1 has an amazing custom FP catchers mitt. Before that she used an off the shelf Nokona X2. I have the X2 utility 12", my 7yo son has the Nokona S100?? But I can see how it doesn't gel with some.

Regarding Nokona, the fielders gloves can be found light-ish... Eric is right, they take a long time to break in and are sturdy. I'm a sucker for made in the usa and the longevity of the gloves. I recently sent in a glove to the factory, theu completely refurbished it with new felt, structure, thumb and pinky loops, new palm lining, etc. Just came back perfect. I now am using it as my catchers glove and couldn't be happier

Personal preference is a huge factor.

Oct 18, 2018
What closed web style is the trend nowadays? Also, best methods to break in a glove aside from playing catch a million times. Appreciate the feedback on here, it's very helpful!!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Might be pretty tough finding a 12” Global Elite in a store since they’ve been discontinued for a while now, take some luck!

It’s just my opinion, Nokona gloves...............not a fan at all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802