Positional hitting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
So he has reinvented Stan Musial's swing. If there was a gif posted of some HS kid swinging like Stan Musial most gurus /instructors would have a field day tearing apart his swing. There are no perfect mechanics and there is more than one way to get it done.

What I do like about what he is teaching is when he says if you connect the lead arm and swing the rest of the stuff (core) will take care of itself. I think the lead arm should be connected, but at closer to a 90 degree angle to the tilted torso, not draped diagonally across the torso.
Throwing frisbees or bats with lead hand for distance will cause an athletic kid to engage core naturally. Also practicing opposite handed has it benefits too.

Jul 31, 2019
The hands are intricate in their movements when described piece by piece. They are not half as complicated when teaching though. In my experience anyway. If there is something I can shed more light on. Shoot !
How long do the elbows maintain their relationship (Front elbow at 90)?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
How long do the elbows maintain their relationship (Front elbow at 90)?

Much like Pete here. I want the most direct line to the ball wherever it may be.

By getting the knob/hands to a release point down to and inside the ball, the most efficient line will be taken.

As far as the front elbow is concerned, that is an adjuster to lengthen or shorten the arc of the barrel.

Notice the 2 different release or pivot points of the barrel at release... into the ball for maximum transfer of energy and timing. As well as the degree of bend in the front elbow for both locations. Adjustable.

I don’t teach anything tangible with the front elbow. I teach hand path and barrel path. Short to long through.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802